Tobacco Company Profile - Liggett-Vector
Tobacco Company Profile - Liggett-Vector, is an analytical company report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
Liggett Group LLC (Liggett) and Vector Tobacco Inc (Vector) are both subsidiaries of the Vector Group Ltd, and are engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes that are marketed, distributed, and sold through Liggett Vector Brands LLC (Liggett Vector). The parent company, Vector Group Ltd, is listed on the New York stock exchange.
Reasons to buy
- In January 2002, the Vector Group entered an agreement to buy discount cigarette maker Medallion for US$110 million from the company's principal shareholder. Medallion manufactured brands such as USA, Virginian, and Marlin, primarily to the discount sector. The company was subsequently merged with Vector Tobacco.
- The parent company, Vector Group Ltd reported total revenues of US$1,690.9 million in 2016, a 2.0% increase against 2015, following a 4.1% rise that year, while its operating income was up by 16.6%, to US$233.0 million in 2016.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Introduction 5
- 2. Key Company Facts 6
- 3. Corporate Structure 7
- 3.1. Ownership 7
- 3.2. Organization 7
- 4. Financial Highlights 10
- 5. Cigarette Business Review 14
- 5.1. Overview 14
- 5.2. United States 15
- 5.3. International Markets 25
- 6. Company Strengths, Strategies & Performance 26
- 7. Appendix 28
- 7.1. What is this Report About? 28
- 7.2. Time Frame 28
- 7.3. Product Category Coverage 28
- 7.4. Methodology 29
- 7.5. About GlobalData 31
- 7.6. Disclaimer 32
- 7.7. Contact Us 33
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Key Company Facts
- Table 2: Vector Group Ltd: Financial Highlights, US$000, 2006-2016
- Table 3: Vector Group Ltd: Consolidated Balance Sheet, US$000, 2006-2016
- Table 4: Liggett-Vector: Global Cigarette Sales & Share Development, Billion Pieces, 2000-2016
- Table 5: Market Size, Company Share & Sales Volumes, 2000-2016
- Table 6: Leading Manufacturer Shares by Price Segment, Billion Pieces, 2000-2016
- Table 7: Leading Manufacturer Shares by Price Segment, % Sector Volume, 2000-2016
- Table 8: Market Shares of Leading Discount Brand Families, % Sector Volume, 2000-2016
- Table 9: Liggett/Vector: Major Brand Volumes, Million Pieces, 2001-2016
- Table 10: Liggett/Vector: Major Brand Volumes, % Volume, 2001-2016
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology 29
- Figure 2: Global Data at a glance 31