Tobacco Company Profile - Karelia
Tobacco Company Profile - Karelia, is an analytical company report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
Karelia was originally established in 1888 by George and Stathis Karelia and is still controlled by the Karelia family, although the current company was founded in 1962. Karelia has been listed on the Athens Stock Exchange since 1976 and currently ranks fourth in the Greek cigarette market, with an increased 15% share in 2016. It is the largest independent tobacco company in Greece. The company is based at Kalamata, a port on the southern tip of the Greek mainland, where its modern factory is located. Its administrative and commercial functions were transferred to Athens in 1993.
Reasons to buy
- During 2007, €4.8 million was invested in production processes, including the installation of a new making-packing line for Karelia Slims, with a speed of 9,000 cigarettes per minute. During 2008 a further €4 million was invested in installing another making-packing line for the production of super slims cigarettes, with a speed of 6,000cpm, and expanding the capacity to produce round corner format packs.
- In 2012 Karelia invested more than €7 million in expanding production capacity among other smaller scale investments, with the company noting that €3 million was invested in expanding production as well as in strengthening exports, with the company expecting to invest a further €1.9 million in 2014.
- Net profits increased by 15.7% to €61.8 million, almost returning to the highpoint reached in 2014. As a result, net profit margins rose to 9.5%, although operating margins were down a little to 17.5% in 2016.
- The company's share of the global cigarette market has declined from 0.28% in 2015 to 0.27% in 2016.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Introduction 5
- 2. Key Company Facts 6
- 3. Corporate Structure 7
- 3.1. Ownership 7
- 3.2. Organization 7
- 4. Financial Highlights 10
- 5. Cigarette Business Review 14
- 5.1. Overview 14
- 5.2. Greece 15
- 5.3. International Markets 20
- 6. Other Tobacco Business 25
- 6.1. Fine Cut Tobacco 25
- 6.2. Cigars 26
- 7. Company Strengths, Strategies & Performance 27
- 8. Appendix 30
- 8.1. What is this Report About? 30
- 8.2. Product Category Coverage 30
- 8.3. Methodology 31
- 8.4. About GlobalData 33
- 8.5. Disclaimer 34
- 8.6. Contact Us 35
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Key Company Facts
- Table 2: Karelia Group Structure
- Table 3: Karelia Tobacco Company- Financial Highlights, 2006-2016
- Table 4: Karelia Group-Financial Highlights, 2006-2016
- Table 5: Karelia Tobacco Company: Net Sales by Region, 2012-2016
- Table 6: Karelia Group: Net Sales by Region, 2012-2016
- Table 7: Karelia Group: Consolidated Balance Sheet, 2010-2016
- Table 8: Karelia- Global Cigarette Sales & Share Development, 2000-2016
- Table 9: Greece: Market Size, Company Share & Sales Volume, 2000-2016
- Table 10: Greece: Competitor Market Shares (%)
- Table 11: Market Share, Leading Karelia Brands, 2007-2016
- Table 12: Karelia: Major International Duty Paid Markets, 2015
- Table 13: Karelia: Market Share, Bulgaria, 2007-2016
- Table 14:Karelia: Export Volumes, 2000-2016
- Table 15: Ome: Brand Presence in Excise & Duty Free Markets
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology 31
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance 33