Tobacco Company Profile - KT&G
Tobacco Company Profile - KT&G, is an analytical company report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers company size and structure along with brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
KT&G is the leading challenger to the big four cigarette companies. Originally the national tobacco company of South Korea, KT&G has conducted a large global expansion in tobacco and has diversified into numerous sectors in South Korea.
Reasons to buy
- KT&G sales in 2016 were 48.7 billion pieces
- In 2015 international sales exceeded its' domestic sales for the first time
- The company controls 59.2% of the South Korean cigarette market as of 2016 data
- Its major export markets include the UAE, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, and Russia.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Introduction 5
- 2. Key Company Facts 6
- 3. Corporate Structure 7
- 3.1. Ownership 7
- 3.2. Organization 8
- 4. Financial Highlights 11
- 5. Cigarette Business Review 17
- 5.1. Overview 17
- 5.2. South Korea 19
- 5.3. International Markets 26
- 6. Other Tobacco Business 31
- 6.1. Cigars 31
- 7. Non-Tobacco Business 32
- 8. Company Strengths, Strategies & Performance 33
- 9. Appendix 35
- 9.1. What is this Report About? 35
- 9.2. Product Category Coverage 35
- 9.3. Methodology 35
- 9.4. About GlobalData 37
- 9.5. Disclaimer 38
- 9.6. Contact Us 39
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Key Company Facts
- Table 2: KT&G Subsidiaries, 2015
- Table 3: KT&G: Consolidated Financial Highlights, Won Billion, 2005-2016
- Table 4: KT&G: Consolidated Balance Sheet, Won Million, 2011-2016 (1) Assets
- Table 5: KT&G: Consolidated Balance Sheet, Won Million, 2011-2016 (2) Liabilities
- Table 6: Consolidated Statement of Comprehensive Income, Won Million, 2011-2016
- Table 7: KT&G: Operating Results by Business, KT&G and KTC, Won Billion, 2011-2016
- Table 8: KT&G: Global Cigarette Sales & Share Development, Billion Pieces, 2000-2016
- Table 9: South Korea: Market Size, Company Share & Sales Volume, Billion Pieces, 2000-2016f
- Table 10: KT&G: Brand Shares, % Volume, 2009
- Table 11: Domestic Brand Portfolio, 2015
- Table 12: KT&G: Overseas Cigarette Sales Breakdown, Billion Pieces, 2010-2016
- Table 13: KT&G: International Sales by Region, % Volume, 2003-2016
- Table 14: KT&G: Overseas Plants, Capacity, Employees, Key Brands, 2016
- Table 15: KT&G: Export Brand Portfolio, 2015
- Table 16: KT&G: Cigars, Brand Portfolio
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: KT&G - Organization Chart, 2017 10
- Figure 2: Methodology 35
- Figure 3: GlobalData at a glance 37