Tobacco Company Profile - Eastern Company, 2017
Tobacco Company Profile - Eastern Company, 2017, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Egyptian and global market. The report analyzes the market size and structure of Eastern Company in Egypt and globally, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
Established in 1920, Eastern Company is the sole cigarette manufacturer in Egypt. A joint-stock company, it is still under state control, but has been partially privatized. Eastern retains a significant share of a relatively large Egyptian cigarette market. In addition to producing its own cigarette brands, the best known of which is Cleopatra, it manufactures some 19 leading foreign brands under license. The company derives most of its volume from the Egyptian market. Although it has historically had a strong export profile, this has diminished since the beginning of this decade. Overall, EC will continue to see moderate growth rates as Egypt's population continues to grow; increasing the number of smokers.
Reasons to buy
- EC cigarette production stood at 60.3 billion pieces in 2016, the highest since 2010.
- The company accounted for almost 75% of the total Egyptian cigarette market.
- EC almost exclusively focuses on the domestic market with exports only accounting for 0.1 billion pieces in 2017.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Introduction 5
- 2. Key Company Facts 6
- 3. Corporate Structure 7
- 3.1. Ownership 7
- 3.2. Organization 8
- 4. Financial Highlights 10
- 5. Cigarette Business Review 11
- 5.1. Overview 11
- 5.2. Egypt 13
- 5.3. International Markets 15
- 5.4. Water Pipe Tobacco 17
- 5.5. Cigars 19
- 5.6. Others 20
- 6. Company Strengths, Strategies & Performance 21
- 7. Appendix 23
- 7.1. What is this Report About? 23
- 7.2. Product Category Coverage 23
- 7.3. Methodology 24
- 7.4. About GlobalData 26
- 7.5. Disclaimer 27
- 7.6. Contact Us 28
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Key Company Facts 6
- Table 2: Eastern Company: Financial Highlights, 2001-2016, E£ and US$ Millions 10
- Table 3: Eastern Company: Global Cigarette Sales &Share Development, 2000-2016 12
- Table 4: Egypt: Market Size, Company Share & Sales Volume, 2000-2016 14
- Table 5: Eastern: International Sales, 2000-2017 15
- Table 6: Eastern Company: Water Pipe Tobacco Sales, Tons: 2011-2017 17
- Table 7: Water Pipe Tobacco as % Eastern Revenue, 2008-2013 & 2016-2017 18
- Table 8: Eastern Cigar Sales: 2011-2013 & 2016-2017, ‘000 Pieces 19
- Table 9: Consumption Forecasts, Million pieces, 2016-2026 22
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology 24
- Figure 2: Global Data at a glance 26