Thailand Sports Broadcasting Media (Television and Telecommunications) Landscape
The Thailand Media Landscape Report provides an overview of the television and telecommunications market in relation to sports broadcasting in Thailand today, with top-level data and detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. The report analyses the television, mobile handset and residential fixed-line broadband sectors, as well as a review of major sports media rights.
- Total pay-TV subscriptions in Thailand will increase by 4.9 million over the 2020-2025 forecast period, reaching 11.5 million in 2025, as operators promote fixed broadband bundles with access to IPTV services.
- Thailand’s pay-TV market is highly fragmented with many regional pay-TV players jointly accounting for 66.7% share of the total pay-TV subscriptions in 2020.
- Smartphone subscriptions will grow from 72.1 million in 2020 to 78.3 million by 2025, supported by discounted device bundled plans promoted by mobile network operators.
Reasons to Buy
- Over the 2020-2025 forecast period, television households in Thailand will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.8%, from 26.9 million in 2020 to 29.3 million in 2025.
- 4G, the leading mobile technology in 2020 with a 67.6% share of total mobile subscriptions, will see its share drop to 39.4% of total mobile subscriptions by 2025, due to subscriber migration to 5G services.
- The three mobile network operators - AIS, True and Dtac - accounted for 96.0% of the Thai mobile market in 2020.
- Residential fixed broadband lines will grow from 8.2 million in 2020 to 10.8 million by 2025, at a CAGR of 5.7%, supported by the government’s national broadband plans, which includes the Universal Service Obligation (USO) Net project.
- This Sports Broadcasting Media Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the Thai television and telecommunications markets, and service providers in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Thai pay-TV, mobile handset and residential fixed broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 15 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- Population and household context
- Television services market
- Mobile services market: Handsets
- Fixed broadband services market: Residential
- Competitive landscape
- Data tables