Tesco: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Company impact
The coronavirus (COVID-19) company impact report analyses how the pandemic will impact Tesco's performance.
Tesco is forecast to experience a positive impact to its 2020 sales due to the effects of COVID-19 with increased demand for food & grocery globally as consumers stay at home, resulting in a sales increase of 9.2% on 2020 vs 2019.
To cope with swelled demand for online grocery, Tesco has mobilised its logistic network in the UK and increased the number of delivery slots it offers.
Reasons to Buy
- Tesco has a large presence in West Europe (accounting for 78.4% of sales in 2019) and the severe impact of COVID-19 in this region causing stockpiling early on, has driven sales for the grocer.
- Tesco is delivering online shopping using plastic bags as this shortens the time needed to deliver an order, thus reducing the risk of infection.
- Tesco’s performance will be similar to its rivals, with all supermarket chains benefiting from the rise in demand for food & groceries.
- Use our revised 2020 forecast for Tesco to understand how the COVID-19 pandemic will impact its performance this year.
- Use our charts to review how Tesco's sales are split by region globally and how these regions have been impacted by COVID-19.
- Use our in-depth analysis to review how Tesco has responded to COVID-19 and how this will affect its performance.
- Executive Summary
- Tesco's exposure to COVID-19
- Tesco's operational responses to COVID-19
- Key findings
- Key conclusions
- Geographic spread analysis - COVID 19 vs Tesco Group Sales
- Global & regional impact
- COVID-19 global impact score forTesco versus competitors
- Revised 2020 revenue forecast
- Brand sales by region vs regional impact levels
- Company reaction
- Online fulfilment
- Stricter hygiene measures
- Supporting the community
- List of Figures
- Spread of COVID-19- confirmed cases, number in treatment, recoveries and deaths.
- Countries/ regions affected by COVID-19
- Spread of Tesco's group sales and stores in 2019
- COVID-19 global impact score for Tesco versus competitors
- Tesco global revenue and year on year growth 2015-2020
- Tesco brand sales by region vs regional impact levels in 2019