Sustainability in Healthcare - Thematic Research
As providers and payers of healthcare look toward a post-COVID-19 recovery, implementing policies and strategies that reinforce sustainability will be vital to securing stable footings in both the short and long term. Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) are three critical elements of sustainability that players in the healthcare space will have to consider in order to strengthen their business interests and increase their ability to compete in the future healthcare space.
Environmental sustainability is important as issues such as climate change and increasing pollution levels can significantly impact the health of local and regional populations around the world, and will continue to exert cost and infrastructure stresses on global healthcare systems. Rising healthcare costs make it necessary for all serious healthcare players to consider social sustainability in healthcare. Neglected communities, lack of access to affordable and effective healthcare, and the inability to access voices of diverse communities will all lead to inevitable declining population health, and ultimately to an increase in healthcare costs. Last, it is vital that healthcare players address corporate governance issues such as tighter risk management strategies in order to bolster consumer trust, and to seek more inclusive corporate structures to create better buy-ins across all stakeholders. Players that are able to better support the environment, create social trust and value, and embrace transparency and value generation will be more competitive as healthcare costs continue to rise.
This report explores the theme of sustainability in Healthcare, through coverage of environmental, governance, and social sustainability.
Reasons to Buy
- This report is a thematic brief, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats. Inside, we predict how each theme will evolve and identify the leading and disrupting companies.
- The report covers the segments of sustainability in health care.
- Companies who invest in the right themes become success stories; those who miss the big themes end up as failures.
- Corporate executives and investors who want to outperform their competitors need to understand all the themes that impact their sector. However, many of these themes are, by definition, outside of the core competencies of company boardrooms because they typically originate from external industries.
- This sustainability in Healthcare thematic report provides a top-down outlook at the key players and trends in sustainability in the Healthcare sector.
- Sustainability Will Shake Up the Healthcare Sector
- To Maximize Profits, CEOs Must Embrace Sustainability
- Leaders and Laggards
- GlobalData's Sustainability Framework
- Table Figure 1: GlobalData's Sustainability Framework - This framework covers environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors.
- The Impact of Sustainability on Healthcare
- Table Figure 2: GlobalData's Sustainability Framework: Environmental Factors
- Table Figure 3: GlobalData's Sustainability Framework: Social Factors
- Table Figure 4: GlobalData's Sustainability Framework: Governance Factors
- Sustainability Measurement and Response
- ESG Advisors
- Table Figure 5: A Selection of ESG Advisors
- ESG Rating Agencies
- Table Figure 6: A Selection of ESG Rating Agencies
- Table Figure 7: Sustainability is becoming increasingly important in today's world.
- Case Studies
- HCA Healthcare: Progress in Environmental Sustainability
- UnitedHealth Group: Leader in Environmental Sustainability
- Cigna: Leader in Health Equity and Social Determinants of Health
- Healthcare Providers: Vulnerability to Cyberattacks
- Table Figure 8: ESG Ratings for Pharmaceutical Companies, Medical Equipment Providers, Payers, and Healthcare Providers
- Further Reading
- GlobalData Related Reports
- Appendix: Our thematic research methodology
- Viewing the world's data by themes makes it easier to make important decisions
- Traditional research does a poor job of picking winners and losers
- That is why we developed our "thematic engine"
- How do we create our sector scorecards?
- Table Figure 9: Our five-step approach for generating a sector scorecard
- What is in our sector scorecards?
- How do we score companies in our thematic screen?
- How our research reports fit into our overall thematic research ecosystem
- About GlobalData
- Contact us
- Client Services