Super League In-Depth Analysis: Morgan Stanley Wealth ManagementInsight into MSWM’s growth strategy.Overview of the firm’s organizational structure.Clear presentation of the company’s geographical coverage and expansion strategy.Analysis of the firm’s financial performance, including comparison with other global wealth managers.Examination of key target client groups.Analysis of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management’s product and service proposition and how it is unique compared to its competitors.Review of MSWM’s marketing and social media activities.Scope
Super League In-Depth Analysis: Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, report is a comprehensive analysis of Morgan Stanley’s wealth management operations. It offers insight into the company’s strategy and financial performance, including key data on assets under management (AUM). Customer targeting and service proposition are also covered, along with product innovation and marketing activities.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial institution, offering products and services to individuals, corporations, governments, and financial institutions. Headquartered in New York, it provides wealth management services through the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) division, which is focused mainly in the US.
It provides the following -
Reasons to buy
- Morgan Stanley has consistently grown its wealth management business in recent years. Its revenues and pre-tax profit recorded compound annual growth rates of 10.2% and 15.7% respectively during 2008-17.
- MSWM serves a wide range of clients, including individual investors, foundations, family offices, institutions, and government entities.
- MSWM primarily focuses on the US market. Its US offices also serve overseas customers.
- In 2017, Morgan Stanley completed Project Streamline, which helped the group control costs and achieve its profitability target.
- MSWM is partnering with technology firms to enhance its product portfolio. It is also expanding its digital focus to advisor training.
- Examine the financial performance, key ratios, and AUM growth for Morgan Stanley and its wealth management operations, and benchmark this competitor against other global wealth managers.
- Understand Morgan Stanley’s current strategic objectives and their impact on financial performance.
- Discover MSWM’s key products and its client targeting strategies, and examine whether these have been successful.
- Learn more about MSWM’s marketing strategy, social media presence, and digital innovations.
- Executive Summary
- Company overview
- 2017 financial figures
- Key findings
- SWOT analysis
- Morgan Stanley operates through three divisions
- MSWM's heads have a longstanding association with the company
- Morgan Stanley's AUM per advisor saw a robust increase in 2017
- Wealth Management is central to Morgan Stanley's corporate group strategy
- MSWM has shifted its strategy to asset-based revenue
- MSWM has a global presence, with a major focus on the US
- The US remains Morgan Stanley's most important market
- Financial Performance
- Morgan Stanley performed strongly in 2017
- Group performance
- MSWM reported its best pre-tax profit margin in a decade
- MSWM performance
- MSWM's cost/revenue ratio trailed the industry average in 2017
- MSWM's cost/revenue ratio
- MSWM's contribution to group financial performance remained stable
- MSWM's revenue contribution to group revenues
- MSWM's profit contribution to group profit
- MSWM reported robust AUM growth in 2017
- Customers & Products
- MSWM targets clients across the wealth spectrum
- MSWM offers a wide range of products and services
- Morgan Stanley's Impact Platform helps investors align investment decisions with impact objectives
- MSWM is investing in digital platforms to enhance the client experience
- Marketing & Advertising
- Morgan Stanley leverages social media to promote its thought leadership
- Morgan Stanley's marketing strategy centers on sports sponsorships and philanthropypy
- Philanthropic initiatives focus on children's health and wellbeing
- Abbreviations, acronyms, and definitions