Success Case Study: Zagorka Retro - Reviving a tradition to pioneer the bottled fresh beer market in Bulgaria
Success Case Study: Zagorka Retro, is part of GlobalData's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of an unpasteurized beer launched in Bulgaria. It delivers the critical what?, why?, and so what? analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products as well as avoiding risk.
Bulgarians prefer local to imported beers, most often opting for traditional flavors in alcohol. Reinforced by a trend for authentic products, this situation made the launch of Zagorka Retro in 2015 highly relevant. Unpasteurized beer is popular in Eastern Europe while, in the Western world, this type of lager is gradually becoming a rival to craft beer.
Reasons to buy
- Made with local ingredients, Zagorka Retro is marketed as being fresh and is presented in a retro refill bottle.
- Unpasteurized beer is seen as authentic in Eastern Europe, where it has great potential to respond to a trend for retro products, perceived to be of better quality.
- Marketing efforts were in tune with the right consumer groups, presenting the beer as nostalgic yet funky.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
- About Successes & Failures Case Studies