Success Case Study: Function of Beauty Haircare - Expressing individualism through custom haircare products
Success Case Study: Function of Beauty Haircare, is part of GlobalData's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of the skincare brand in Canada, as well as the US and UK. It delivers the critical what?, why?, and so what? analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products as well as avoiding the risk of failure.
Function of Beauty lets consumers create custom shampoo and conditioner based on hair types and goals. There are even options for fragrance, fragrance strength, color, sizing, and custom labeling on the bottle as well as the option of a recurring subscription based upon personal usage needs. The ability to customize or personalize beauty and grooming products is important to Americans, and Function of Beauty has quickly become popular in the US. Its lifestyle branding and use of social media mean the company has attracted a lot of younger consumers in particular.
Reasons to buy
- Tap into co-creation of products through in-depth customization to create the ultimate product made specifically made for the individual shopper. This can also be done through experiences such as at-home kits that allow consumers to mix and match different formulations depending on their needs.
- Partnering with online bloggers and vloggers in marketing campaigns can allow brands to benefit from high levels of online engagement and also appeal to this audience. Focus on offering visual marketing campaigns and use fewer words as well as engaging through image-based social media (e.g. Instagram).
- Personal wellbeing and physical attraction are strongly linked, so reformulate existing products with cleaner ingredients, using claims such as vegan and multiple free-from statements. Naturalness can also be enhanced with DIY approaches through perceptions of product freshness created by it being made at home, or made to order.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
- About Successes & Failures Case Studies
- Summary: Function of Beauty haircare