Success Case Study: Estée Lauder - Reinventing Estée Lauder’s brand image to appeal to young female consumers
In China, Estée Lauder successfully revamped its image from a luxury brand targeting older women and offering anti-aging products into a youthful and vibrant brand with cosmetics positioned for a younger audience.
How Estée Lauder went from a company see as targeting order women to a youth-centric brand.
Reasons to buy
- The company shifted focus away from older consumers to tap into the country’s booming cosmetics industry led by young Millennials.
- Using a local celebrity to endorse the brand through an interactive social media campaign helped Estée Lauder succeed in China.
- Estée Lauder capitalized on consumer desire to follow celebrity style trends to generate buzz around its range including the Admiration Charm Color Series of lipsticks.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. What?
- 3. Why?
- 4. Take-out
- 5. Appendix