Success Case Study: Caulipower Frozen Pizza - Bringing healthy free-from innovation to a national staple comfort food
Success Case Study: Caulipower Frozen Pizza, is part of GlobalData's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of Caulipower gluten-free cauliflower-based products. It delivers the critical what?, why?, and so what? analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Caulipower is a new brand of gluten-free ready-to-cook cauliflower-based food products. Its first innovation - frozen pizza - features its original cauliflower crust. The brand has made a significant impact on the frozen pizza market in the US. This demonstrates how a niche concept - gluten-free vegetable-based pizza - can become a mainstream product.
Reasons to buy
- Caulipower is a line of gluten-free ready-to-cook cauliflower-based food products, known for its cauliflower-crust pizzas, that rapidly increased its distribution across the US to reach over 8,000 stores within one year of launch.
- Caulipower strongly intersects with key consumers trends, such as convenience, comfort/enjoyment, health and ethical trends, which makes it stand out in the category and widens its appeal.
- Identifying upcoming trends (e.g. new ingredients) as well as catering to influential existing consumer trends is important for a new brand aiming to be recognized in crowded markets.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. What?
- 3. Why?
- 4. Take-out
- 5. Appendix