Spain: Fixed-Mobile Convergence Supported by Broadband Expansion to Boost Telecom Growth
Spain: Fixed-Mobile Convergence Supported by Broadband Expansion to Boost Telecom Growth a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Spain today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecommunications market in Spain generated $20.3bn in service revenue in 2016. The service revenue is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 2.0% during 2016-2021, driven by growth in mobile data, pay-TV, VoIP and fixed broadband. Going forward, operators should focus on fixed-mobile convergence, quad-play offerings and expansion of 4G/4.5G services. Investment done by operators in 5G development, IoT/M2M, enhancement of existing networks along with 4G/4.5G coverage expansion will provide opportunities for vendors and investors.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Spain compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Spain.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice and data from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Spain's telecommunication market.
Reasons to buy
- The overall telecom service revenue in Spain is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 2.0% (0.9% in € terms) during 2016-2021.
- Mobile revenue will account for 53.8% of the total telecom revenue in 2021.
- The Spanish telecom market will be dominated by Movistar, Vodafone Spain and Orange Spain through 2021. Operators will continue to focus on 4G/4.5G coverage expansions, attractive fixed mobile convergent offers, M2M/IoT and fiber deployment to stay competitive.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Spain's telecommunication market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Spain's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Spain's telecommunications market.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Spain.
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Fixed services
- Identifying opportunities
- Opportunities in the market
- About the authors
- Country Intelligence Report coverage