South Africa Beer and Cider Market Insights 2020 - Key Insights and Drivers behind the Beer and Cider Market Performance
South Africa’s real GDP recorded 0.2% growth in 2019, compared to the 0.8% posted in 2018. The economic growth has been hampered from multiple factors, including weak investor sentiment, erratic weather resulting in poor agricultural output, and acute power shortages impeding industrial output. In 2019, the unemployment rate reached 28.7%, suggesting a lack of spending power. Poor governance and a lack of job creation in the country has further damaged the labor market. The unemployment rate is expected to increase to 34.4% in 2020, due to high numbers of job losses triggered by the economic disruption from the COVID-19 pandemic. Coupled with poor consumer confidence, this scenario is likely to negatively impact sales of beer and cider in the short term.
South Africa Beer and Cider Market Insights 2020 report provides a complete overview of the South Africa Beer and Cider industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2019 performance and 2020 outlook.
Covering total market (On and Off-Premise) the report details -
Reasons to Buy
- 2014-2019 actual detailed Beer Consumption Volume data by Segment, Brand, Brewer, Packaging and Distribution (On and Off-Premise), with 2020 forecasts.
- Value by distribution channel 2013-2019, with 2020 forecasts.
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the Beer and Cider market, with analysis of key company performance.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the Beer and Cider market.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the South Africa Beer and Cider industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning.
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the South Africa Beer and Cider market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives.
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability.
- Analyze domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage.
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyze the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company.
- Executive Summary
- Industry Snapshot
- 2020 Beer & Cider Volume Outlook
- 2020 Beer & Cider Value Outlook
- Implications of COVID-19 on Soft Drinks
- Enablers and Inhibitors of Beer & Cider Growth
- Category and Segment Insight
- Beer & Cider Volume and Value Growth Projections
- Category Performance
- Beer & Cider Types Winners and Losers
- Price Segment Dynamics
- Flavor Segment Dynamics
- Craft Segment Dynamics
- Alcoholic Strength Segment Dynamics - Beer
- Beer Emerging Trends & Opportunities
- Cider Emerging Trends & Opportunities
- Key Drivers of Change Within Beer & Cider
- Company and Brand Insight
- Leading Company Volume and Value Performance
- Leading Beer & Cider Companies
- Beer - Brand and Private Label Trends
- Cider - Brand and Private Label Trends
- Best in category brand performance
- Distribution Insight
- Sub-Channel Evolution in Beer & Cider
- Price Point Analysis
- Consumer Insight
- Key Drivers Influencing Beer & Cider Consumption
- Flavor Innovation
- Health & Wellbeing
- Premiumization & Indulgence
- Strategic Issues Summary Map
- High Growth Segments Meeting Emerging Consumer Trends
- Actionable Insights
- Appendix and Definitions
- Product Trends and Strategic Issues - Beer & Cider
- Packaging Trends and Strategic Issues - Beer & Cider
- Product Definitions
- Channel Definitions