Smoking Tobacco in Spain, 2019
Smoking Tobacco in Spain, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Spanish tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
The Spanish market has long been dominated by factory-made cigarettes, although as a segment these registered the highest decrease in sales between 2008 and 2018. Nevertheless, they still dominate sales, with 80.4% of volumes in 2018 or 44,624 tons.
Smoking tobacco, including both pipe and FCT, is the second largest sector within the market. It benefitted from a growth in sales and accounted for 12.1% of sales in 2018 or 6,734 tons.
Reasons to buy
- Smoking tobacco volumes peaked at 7,463 tons in 2013. They were down at 6,491 tons in 2017, but were up at 6,734 tons in 2018.
- Exports have fluctuated in recent years, although are significantly lower than imports.
- Recent tax rises have raised the price of FCT. The most recent was in 2017 when excise duty increased at €23.5 per kg while minimum duty was up at €98.8 per kg.
- The Spanish FCT market is led by Japan Tobacco with an improved 27.2% in 2018.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future."
- Market context
- Tobacco products market, tons,%, 2008 & 2018
- Tobacco products market, tons, 2008-2018
- Market size and structure
- Production and trade
- Taxation and retail prices
- Manufacturers and brands
- The smoking population
- Operating constraints
- Prospects and forecasts