Smoking Tobacco in Spain, 2018
Smoking Tobacco in Spain, 2018, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Spanish tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2027.
The Spanish market has long been dominated by factory-made cigarettes. Smoking tobacco, including both pipe and FCT, is the second largest sector within the market and it is benefitting from a growth in sales. The FCT sector dominates the Spanish market, accounting for 98.4% of total consumption of smoking tobacco in 2016 and an estimated 98.5% in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Smoking tobacco, including both pipe and FCT are the second largest sector within the market.
- Imports of smoking tobacco have shown an upward trend in the last few years.
- Smoking tobacco is subject to excise duty and value added tax (VAT), with differential rates applied between fine cut cigarette tobacco and other smoking tobacco (pipe tobacco).
- The Spanish FCT market is now led by Japan Tobacco, which recently overtook Imperial Tobacco.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Executive summary
- Market context
- Tobacco products market, Tons, %, 2007 & 2017
- Tobacco products market, Tons, 2007-2017f
- Market size and structure
- Smoking Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2007-2017
- Per capita consumption of smoking tobacco, grams per year, 2007-2017
- Smoking Tobacco: Market Segmentation, 2007-2017
- Cigarette consumption, manufactured v FCT, 2007-2017f
- Fine Cut Tobacco: Market Segmentation, 2011-2016
- Production and trade
- Imports, Tons, 2006-2016
- Imports by Country of Origin, Top Countries, Volume %, 2016
- Imports by Country of Origin, Top Countries, Value %, 2016
- Imports of Smoking Tobacco in Packs ≤500g, Tons, 2006-2016
- Imports of Smoking Tobacco in Packs ≤500g, € ’000, 2006-2016
- Exports, Tons, 2006-2016
- Exports by Country of Destination, Top Countries, % Volume, 2016
- Exports by Country of Destination, Top Countries, % Value, 2016
- Exports of Smoking Tobacco in Packs ≤500g, Tons, 2008-2016
- Exports of Smoking Tobacco in Packs ≤500g, € ’000, 2008-2016
- Taxation and retail prices
- Taxation Rates on Smoking Tobacco Products, 2017
- EU: Fine Cut Tobacco, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2017
- Retail Prices, Top Brands, 2017
- Manufacturers and brands
- FCT : Manufacturer Shares, Volume, %, 2007-2017
- FCT: Brand Shares, Volume, %, 2008-2017
- Company profile
- The smoking population
- Adult smoking prevalence by gender, 2006-2016
- Smoking prevalence among men, by age, 2006, 2012
- Smoking prevalence among women, by age, 2006, 2012
- Operating constraints
- Advertising restrictions
- Heath warnings and labelling requirements
- Other restrictions
- Retail structure
- Prospects and forecasts
- Fine cut tobacco consumption, Tons, 2017-2027
- Per capita consumption, grams per year, 2017-2027