Smoking Tobacco in Italy
Italy was one of the most dynamic markets for smoking tobacco in Europe until recently, although it still remains comparatively small, with consumption quite low in per capita terms, and an increase is predicted for 2016 and the past decade has seen a near year-on-year increase in the sale of smoking tobacco. The smoking tobacco market in Italy remained overwhelmingly dominated by manufactured cigarettes, which accounted for 93.8% of volumes in 2015.
Smoking Tobacco in Italy is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Italian market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects and forecasts for sales and consumption to 2025.
Reasons to buy
- Until recently, the price advantage of FCT over factory-made cigarettes made them a popular alternative.
- Although increases were recorded in production in 2007 and 2008, a fall was estimated for 2009 and a further fall by 2014.
- The market dominated is by imports, which have grown in 2015.
- Germany and the Netherlands are the main suppliers with 71.3% and 17.5% of 2015 volumes.
- Exports are low and sporadic.
- At a global level, the World Health Organization Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (WHO FCTC) came into force in February 2005.
- The FCT market is expected to see slight growth in the short term but will then fall back with this despite more consumers moving into this market from the cigarette sector as cigarette prices rise.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Market context
- Market size and structure
- Production and trade
- Taxation and retail prices
- Manufacturers and brands
- The smoking population
- Operating constraints
- Prospects and forecasts