Smoking Tobacco in Hungary, 2018
Smoking Tobacco in Hungary, 2018, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Hungarian tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2024.
The Hungarian market for tobacco products is in long-term decline, with latest data placing 2016 volumes at 11,916 tons. Domestic production is carried out by two companies: Róna Tobacco Manufacturing Ltd, a subsidiary of Heintz Van Landewyck, and Continental Tobacco. Imported smoking tobacco brands are increasing their presence, especially since Imperial and PMI ceased local production in 2004.
Reasons to buy
- Manufactured cigarettes accounted for 99.8% of total tobacco product volumes in 1990, but have suffered a major decline since, to account for only 53.7% of total volumes in 2016.
- Since 2007, the profile of pipe tobacco as a FCT substitute has declined markedly, replaced by MYO and RYO tobacco.
- Exports, and re-exports, are growing and Germany is by far the most important export destination.
- Local brands continue to dominate the medium to lower priced segment with international brands becoming more significant in the medium to higher priced segments.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Executive summary
- Market context
- Tobacco Products Market, Tons, %, 2006 & 2016
- Tobacco Products Market, Tons, 2006-2016
- Market size and structure
- Smoking Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2005-2016
- Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2005-2016
- Smoking Tobacco: Market Segmentation, 2004-2016
- Breakdown by RYO, MYO & Pipe Tobacco, %, 2010-2015
- Cigarette Consumption: Manufactured v FCT, 2004-2016
- Production and trade
- Imports, Tons, 2007-2016
- Imports by Country of Origin, %, 2016
- Imports of Smoking Tobacco, Tons, 2007-2016
- Imports of Smoking Tobacco, € ’000, 2007-2016
- Exports, Tons, 2003-2005 & 2010-2016
- Exports by Destination, %, 2016
- Taxation and retail prices
- Fine Cut Tobacco: Duty/Excise Rates, 2006-2016
- Other Smoking Tobacco: Duty/Excise Rates, 2006-2016
- EU: Fine Cut Tobacco, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2016
- Retail Price List, Ft per pack, 2010-2016
- Manufacturers and brands
- Smoking Tobacco: Manufacturer Shares, Volume, %, 2011-2015
- Smoking Tobacco: Manufacturer Shares, Value, %, 2008-2013
- Smoking Tobacco: Brand Family Shares, Volume, %, 2009-2015
- Company Profiles
- The smoking population
- Adult Smoking Prevalence, Total and by Gender, %, 2004-2014
- Smoking Prevalence Among Men, by Age, %
- Smoking Prevalence Among Women, by Age, %
- Operating constraints
- Advertising restrictions
- Heath warnings and labeling requirements
- Other restrictions
- Retail structure
- Prospects and forecasts
- Fine cut tobacco consumption, pieces million, 2014-2024
- Per capita consumption, grams per year, 2014-2024