Smoking Tobacco in Greece, 2019
Smoking Tobacco in Greece, 2019, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Greek tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
Greece supports a substantial domestic cigarette market, although its profile has diminished somewhat as a result of the country’s recent economic problems. The market for smoking tobacco is relatively small. Cigarettes in 2018 accounted for 86.6% of the market, while smoking tobacco accounted for 12.3%.
Reasons to buy
- The smoking tobacco market has performed extremely well from a very low base of 75 tons in 1990 to reach 2,361 tons by 2011, before falling back to 1,968 tons in 2014. Volumes improved slightly to 2,140 tons in 2016 and have recently fluctuated.
- Greece is a major producer of smoking tobacco, with Karelia the largest producer.
- Smoking tobacco imports have recorded an erratic upward path, recently benefitting from expansion in the domestic market.
- The economic difficulties that have beset the Greek economy since 2009 have resulted in excise taxes having to be raised as a way to generate revenue, and tobacco excise tax has been a major target.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Executive summary
- Market context
- Tobacco products market, %, 2008 & 2018
- Tobacco products market, tons, 2008-2018
- Market size and structure
- Smoking tobacco consumption, volume, tons, 2008-2018
- Per capita consumption for smoking tobacco, 2008-2018
- Duty & Non-Duty Paid Volumes, Smoking Tobacco, 2009, 2013 & 2014
- Smoking Tobacco: Market Segmentation, 2008-2018
- Cigarette Consumption: Manufactured v FCT, 2007-2017
- Breakdown by RYO & MYO, 2011-2016
- Production and trade
- Production, volume, tons, 2007-2017
- Imports, volume, tons, 2007-2017
- Imports of Smoking Tobacco, 2007-2017
- Imports by country of origin, top countries, %, 2017
- Exports, volume, tons, 2007-2017
- Exports of Smoking Tobacco, 2007-2017
- Exports by country of destination, top countries, volume %, 2017
- Taxation and retail prices
- EU: fine-cut tobacco, tax incidence comparison, 2018
- Fine-Cut Tobacco: Retail Prices, 2017
- Manufacturers and brands
- Manufacturer shares, Volume, %, 2007-2017
- Brand shares, volume, Volume, %, 2007-2017
- Company profiles
- The smoking population
- Adult Smoking Prevalence by Gender, %, 2007-2017
- Smoking Frequency by Age Group, 2009
- Operating constraints
- Advertising restrictions
- Heath warnings and labeling requirements
- Other restrictions
- Prospects and forecasts
- Fine-cut tobacco consumption, volume, tons, 2018-2028
- Per capita consumption, grams per year, 2018-2028