Smoking Tobacco in France, 2018
Smoking Tobacco in France, 2018, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the French market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects and forecasts for sales and consumption to 2025.
The French market is dominated by industrially produced cigarettes in 2017. However, cigarettes now account for a substantially reduced share than in 1990 and in 2007. Cigarettes volumes have fallen by over 50% since 1990, most of this decline occurring since 2001 as a result of a series of progressive tax and price increases.
Reasons to buy
- Factory-made cigarettes still account for 80.9% of tobacco product consumption,
- Smoking tobacco forecasts for 2017 are for a decline with a rise in ad valorem excise duty impacting on prices and resulting in an expected fall of 2.4% to 9,050 tons.
- Per capita consumption is expected to be 135g in 2017.
- The latest trade figures for 2016 show that exports of smoking tobacco are down on recent years.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Executive summary
- Market context
- Tobacco products market, Tons, %, 2007 & 2017
- Tobacco products market, Tons, 2007-2017
- Market size and structure
- Smoking tobacco Consumption (Tons), 2007-2017
- Per capita consumption - Smoking Tobacco, %, 2007-2017
- Smoking Tobacco: Market Segmentation, 2007-2017
- Cigarette Consumption: Manufactured v FCT, 2007-2017
- Breakdown by RYO, MYO & Pipe Tobacco, 2010-2013
- Production and trade
- Production of Smoking Tobacco, tons, 2001-2007
- Imports of Smoking Tobacco, tons, 2006-2016
- Imports of Smoking Tobacco, Volume & Value, 2012-2016
- Imports by country of origin, top countries, volume, 2012-2016
- Imports by country of origin, top countries, value, 2012-2016
- Exports of Smoking Tobacco, tons, 2012-2016
- Exports of Smoking Tobacco, Volume & Value, 2006-2016
- Exports by country of destination, top countries, % volume, 2015
- Exports of Smoking Tobacco by Country of Destination, volume, tons, 2005-2015
- Exports of Smoking Tobacco by Country of Destination, value, 2005-2015
- Taxation and retail prices
- EU: fine-cut tobacco, tax incidence comparison, 2017
- Fine Cut Tobacco, Retail Prices, 2017
- Manufacturers and brands
- Smoking Tobacco - Manufacturer shares, Volume, %, 2006-2016
- FCT - Manufacturer shares, Volume, %, 2006-2016
- FCT - Top 10 Brand Family Shares, Volume, %, 2015-2016
- FCT: Key FCT Lines, Quarter 3 2015
- Company profiles
- The smoking population
- Percentage of Adult Smokers by gender, 2010-2016
- Smoking prevalence among males, by age, 2008 & 2013
- Operating constraints
- Advertising restrictions
- Labelling Requirements
- Heath warnings and labelling requirements
- Other restrictions
- Prospects and forecasts
- Fine cut tobacco consumption, tons, 2017-2027
- Per capita consumption, grams per year, 2017-2027