Smoking Tobacco in Finland, 2019
Smoking Tobacco in Finland, 2019, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Finish tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
Finland is a small and declining market for smoking tobacco, with consumption at 520 tons in 2018. The market is dominated by RYO as opposed to MYO cigarette tobacco, with pipe tobacco only forming a minor niche of smoking tobacco volumes at 3.8% in 2018.
Reasons to buy
- As of 2018, tobacco sales had dropped to 6,095 tons with volumes down from a recent high of 8,379 tons in 2011.
- According to Statistics Finland, 16% of adult males and 15% of females were regular daily smokers in 2016, resulting in an overall average of 15.5%.
- Taxes on smoking tobacco consist of a specific excise, an ad valorem excise tax, and VAT.
- Denmark is currently the main source of imports with Netherlands and Germany the other two key suppliers. Volumes were up at 1,178 tons in 2017.
- Imperial has long been the leader in the market and has benefited from the continuing popularity of its brands. It took 56% of FCT sales in 2017.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Executive summary
- Market context
- Tobacco products market (%), 2008 & 2018
- Tobacco products market (tons), 2008-2018
- Market size and structure
- Consumption of smoking tobacco (tons), 2008-2018
- Per capita consumption of smoking tobacco, (grams per year), 2008-2018
- Market segmentation by FCT and pipe tobacco, 2008-2018
- Cigarette consumption, manufactured vs. FCT, 2008-2018
- Production and trade
- Imports (tons), 2008-2017
- Imports by country of origin (%), 2017
- Imports in packs ≤500g, (volume), 2007-2017
- Imports in packs ≤500g, (value), 2007-2017
- Exports (tons), 2008-2017
- Taxation and retail prices
- Taxation rates, smoking tobacco, July 2018
- EU: fine cut tobacco, tax incidence comparison, 2018
- Retail price list, € per pack, 2010-2017
- Manufacturers and brands
- Manufacturer shares (%), 2011-2017
- Brand family shares (%), 2009-2017
- Company profiles
- The smoking population
- Adult smoking prevalence, total and by gender, 2007-2017
- Smoking prevalence among males, by age, 2011, 2013, 2015
- Smoking prevalence among females, by age, 2011, 2013, 2015
- Operating constraints
- Advertising restrictions
- Labeling requirements
- Other restrictions
- Retail structure
- Retail prices
- Prospects and forecasts
- Fine cut tobacco consumption (tons), 2018-2028
- Per capita consumption (grams per year), 2018-2028