Smokeless Tobacco in Poland, 2019
In contrast to some other European countries, the Polish market for smokeless tobacco has recently been fairly buoyant, albeit still quite small, and consists entirely of nasal snuff. Total sales of smokeless tobacco amounted to less than 0.1% of total tobacco volumes in 2018 or 28 tons. The outlook for the Polish smokeless tobacco market is one of a steady decline in sales. Annual per capita consumption rates are forecast to fall from 0.73g per person to 0.67g per person in 2028.
Smokeless Tobacco in Poland, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Polish tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
Reasons to buy
- Import volumes were at a new high of 31.6 tons; however, this dropped to 27 tons in 2017. Germany dominates the market.
- Volumes of snus dropped back marginally to 24.8 tons in 2012 but have since strengthened, with sales steady at 28 tons in 2018.BAT announced further development in the sector, stating it was looking at offering make-your-own (MYO) tobacco as a way of tackling the illegal chop-chop sector.
- TInterest in smokeless products is low with less than 0.5% being regular users.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- Executive summary
- Market context
- Tobacco products market, %, 2008 & 2018
- Tobacco products market, tons, 2008-2018
- Market size and structure
- Consumption of smokeless tobacco, tons, 2008-2018
- Per capita consumption grams per year, 2008-2018
- Market segmentation, 2008-2018
- Production and trade
- Imports, tons, 2007-2017
- Imports by country of origin, top countries, %, 2017
- Imports by country of origin (Volume), 2007-2017
- Imports by country of origin (Value), 2007-2017
- Taxation and retail prices
- EU: Cigars & Cigarillos, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2018
- Snuff: Retail Prices, 2018
- Manufacturers and brands
- Manufacturer shares
- Adult smoking prevalence, total and by gender, 2007-2017
- Adults smoking at least one cigarette a day by age group, 2002, 2006 & 2010
- Operating constraints
- Operating constraints
- Heath warnings and labeling requirements
- Retail distribution
- Prospects and forecasts
- Consumption, tons, 2018-2028
- Per capita consumption, grams per person, 2018-2028
- Additional data tables
- Summary methodology
- About GlobalData