Smokeless Tobacco in Italy, 2019
Smokeless Tobacco in Italy, 2019, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Italian tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
The Italian tobacco product market is large, at 74,000 tons in 2018, and is dominated by sales of manufactured cigarettes. Volume sales of manufactured cigarettes reached 67,900 tons in 2018, equivalent to 91.8% of the total market.
Reasons to buy
- Belgium is the main source of smokeless tobacco. It accounted for 74.1% of volumes in 2017 with the remaining 25.9% entering from Germany.
- Chewing tobacco increasingly dominated with 75.9% of volumes in 2018. Dry or nasal snuff is believed to account for a reduced 24.1% of sales.
- As of June 2018, snuff attracted an ad valorem excise duty of 56%.
- Pöschl is especially important with its range of snuff products handled locally by a leading independent distributor: International Tobacco Agency.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Executive Summary
- Market context
- Tobacco products market, 2008 & 2018
- Tobacco products market, tons, 2008-2018
- Market size and structure
- Smokeless tobacco consumption, tons, 2008-2018
- Smokeless tobacco: market segmentation, tons, 2008-2018
- Smokeless sales by segment, tons, 2008-2018
- Production and trade
- Production and exports: Italy produce smokeless tobacco
- Imports of smokeless tobacco, tons, 2007-2017
- Imports by country of origin, % tons, 2017
- Smokeless tobacco: imports by country of origin, volume, 2007-2017
- Imports by country of origin, % value, 2017
- Smokeless tobacco: imports by country of origin, value, €000, 2007-2017
- Taxation and retail prices
- Tax incidence by product, July 2018
- Smokeless tobacco: retail prices, February 2019
- Manufacturers and brands
- Smoking v smokeless tobacco usership comparison by gender, %, 2017
- Operating Constraints
- Health warnings and labeling requirements
- Prospects and forecasts
- Market forecasts, tons, 2018-2028
- Per capita consumption, grams per person, 2018-2028