Smokeless Tobacco in Hungary, 2017
Smokeless Tobacco in Hungary, 2017 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Hungarian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Smokeless Tobacco is not popular in Hungary despite the sale of both snuff and chewing tobacco being permitted. With no local producers of Smokeless Tobacco, the market is supplied via imports. Smokeless Tobacco sales are set to remain a marginal feature of the Hungarian market, although per capita consumption is forecast to rise slightly during the coming decade.
Reasons to buy
- The Hungarian market is dominated by companies who are active in the snuff market, as the use of chewing tobacco is marginal.
- The leading player is Pöschl. which is represented locally by TTI.
- Use of Smokeless Tobacco is believed to be only 0.5% of the adult population.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1. Executive Summary
- 1.2. Definitions
- 2. Market Context
- 2.1. Market context: Smokeless Tobacco is a marginal feature of the Hungarian market
- 3. Market Size and Structure
- 3.1. Market Volume: Smokeless Tobacco volume have been largely stable during the past decade
- 3.2. Per capita consumption: Smokeless Tobacco consumption was ahead marginally in 2015 compared with a decade earlier
- 4. Production and Trade
- 4.1. Imports: Lack of sufficient data indicates that Hungary imports a small volume of Smokeless Tobacco products
- 5. Taxation & Retail Prices
- 5.1. Taxation: Hungary taxes all tobacco products using a recently introduced specific excise and VAT system
- 6. Manufacturers and Brands
- 6.1. Manufacturer shares: Pöschl, locally represented as TTI, is the market leader in the Smokeless Tobacco category in Hungary
- 7. Usership
- 7.1. Usership: The smoking population is not inclined to use Smokeless Tobacco products in Hungary
- 8. Operating Constraints
- 8.1. Operating Constraints: EU tobacco regulations have adversely impacted Smokeless Tobacco sales in the country
- 9. Prospects & Forecasts
- 9.1. Prospects and Forecasts: The Hungarian Smokeless Tobacco segment is likely to see only modest expansion over the coming decade
- 9.2. Prospects and Forecasts: Per capita consumption is forecast to remain marginal at 0.06 grams per person in 2025
- 10. Appendix
- 10.1. Additional data tables
- 10.2. Methodology
- 10.3. About GlobalData
- 10.4. Disclaimer
- 10.5. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Manufacturer Sales, Tons & EUR 000, 2001-2015
- Table 2: Operating Constraints
- Table 3: Smokeless Tobacco Consumption, Kg, 2015-2025
- Table 4: Smokeless Tobacco Consumption, Grams per Capita, 2015-2025
- Table 5: Consumption of Smokeless Tobacco, Kg, 1990-2016
- Table 6: Market Forecasts, 2015-2025
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Executive summary (1) 5
- Figure 2: Executive summary (2) 6
- Figure 3: Smokeless Tobacco Consumption, Kg, 2005-2016 9
- Figure 4: Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2005-2016 10
- Figure 5: Pöschl Tobacco 13
- Figure 6: Smoking Tobacco 14
- Figure 7: Methodology 20
- Figure 8: GlobalData at a glance 22