Smokeless Tobacco in Germany, 2019
Smokeless Tobacco in Germany, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the German tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
Germany is the largest market for manufactured tobacco products in Western Europe.
However, the market is currently overwhelmingly dominated by smoking products, with cigarettes the largest sector, followed by smoking tobacco and cigars and cigarillos. Smokeless tobacco remains on the fringe of the market, currently accounting for just 0.1% of market volume in 2017 with annual smokeless volume totalling 123 tons.
Reasons to buy
- There is a small but long established smokeless tobacco niche in Germany largely comprising powdered nasal snuff.
- Smokeless tobacco production was estimated at a stable 130 tons in 2017.
- Excise tax is not levied on smokeless tobacco, snuff, or chewing tobacco.
- The local snuff market is dominated by the German company Pöschl Tabak, which controlled 96% of market volume in 2017.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future."
- Market context
- Tobacco Products Market, Tons, %, 2008 & 2018
- Tobacco Products Market, Tons, 2008-2018
- Market size and structure
- Production and trade
- Taxation and retail prices
- Manufacturers and brands
- Operating constraints
- Prospects and forecasts