Smokeless Tobacco in Germany, 2018
Smokeless Tobacco in Germany, 2018, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the German tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2027.
Germany is the largest market for manufactured tobacco products in Western Europe. However, the market is currently overwhelmingly dominated by smoking products, with cigarettes the largest sector, followed by smoking tobacco and cigars and cigarillos. Smokeless tobacco remains on the fringe of the market.
Reasons to buy
- There is a small but long established smokeless tobacco niche in Germany largely comprising powdered nasal snuff. Imports of smokeless tobacco in Germany is higher than the local production. India is by far the most important source of imports. Excise tax is not levied on smokeless tobacco, snuff, or chewing tobacco.
- While smokeless tobacco products are exempt from excise tax, they are still subject to VAT (MwSt), which is applied at the nominal rate of 19%, equivalent to 15.97% of the final retail price.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Smokeless tobacco consumption in Germany is forecast to continue its gradual long-term decline.
- Executive summary
- Market context
- Tobacco Products Market, Tons, %, 2007 & 2017
- Tobacco Products Market, Tons, 2007-2017
- Market size and structure
- Smokeless Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2007-2017
- Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2007-2017
- Market Segmentation, Tons, 2010-2017
- Consumption of Snuff, 2007-2017
- Market Segmentation by Type, Tons, 2008-2015
- Production and trade
- Production of Other Manufactured Tobacco Products, 2004-2008 & 2013-2015
- Smokeless Tobacco Production, 2006-2016
- Smokeless Tobacco Production, 2004-2016
- Smokeless Tobacco: Imports, Tons, 2006-2016
- Imports by Country of Origin, Top Countries, Volume, %, 2016
- Imports of Smokeless Tobacco, Volume, Tons, 2006-2016
- Imports of Smokeless Tobacco, Value € ‘000, 2006-2016
- Exports, Tons, 2006-2016
- Exports by Country of Destination, Top Countries, %, 2016
- Exports of Smokeless Tobacco, Volume, Tons, 2006-2016
- Exports of Smokeless Tobacco, Value € ‘000, 2006-2016
- Taxation and retail prices
- Snuff: Retail Prices, 2016
- Chewing Tobacco: Retail prices, 2016
- Manufacturers and brands
- Snuff: Manufacturer Shares,%, 2010-2016
- Operating constraints
- Advertising restrictions
- Heath warnings and labeling requirements
- Other restrictions
- Prospects and forecasts
- Smokeless Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2015-2025
- Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Person, 2015-2025