Smokeless Tobacco in France, 2019
The French market is dominated by industrially produced cigarettes, which represented 80.7% of the total tobacco products market in 2018. Smoking tobacco is the second largest sector and one that has grown its share of sales between 2008 and 2018 to 16.4%. Smokeless tobacco is the smallest tobacco segment with only 0.5% of volumes in 2018.
Smokeless Tobacco in France, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the French tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
Reasons to buy
- Two types of smokeless tobacco are sold in France: chewing tobacco and snuff. It is estimated that, in 2018, 94.4% of volume comprised chewing tobacco, the majority of which was ‘Makla’, a traditional North African type of chewing tobacco.
- Imports have been in steady decline for some years and were down to 279.2 tons in 2017 with Belgium accounting for 94.4% of all imports.
- Smokeless tobacco products are subject to TVA (VAT) with the current rate being 19.6%, which is equivalent to 16.7% of the final retail price.
- Per capita consumption levels are projected to decline by 26.1% to reach 3.1g per person by 2028.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- Executive summary
- Market context
- Tobacco Products Market, Tons, %, 2008 & 2018
- Market size and structure
- Consumption of smokeless tobacco, tons, 2008-2018
- Per capita consumption, grams per year , 2008-2018
- Smokeless tobacco: market value, €, 2000-2017
- Market segmentation, 2008-2018
- Production and trade
- Smokeless tobacco: imports, volume & value, 2007-2017
- Imports by country of origin, top countries, %, 2017
- Smokeless tobacco: imports by country of origin, volume, tons & %, 2007-2017
- Smokeless tobacco: imports by country of origin, value, € ‘000 & %, 2007-2017
- Taxation and retail prices
- Chewing tobacco: retail prices, per pack (€), from 2012-2018
- Snuff: retail prices, per pack (€), from 2012-2018
- Manufacturers and brands
- Snuff: manufacturer market share, tons & %, 2012-2017
- Chewing tobacco: manufacturer market share, tons & %, 2012-2017
- Use of smokeless tobacco in France
- Operating constraints
- Operating constraints
- Health warnings and labeling requirements
- Prospects and forecasts
- Smokeless tobacco consumption, tons, 2018-2028
- Per capita consumption, grams per year, 2018-2028
- Additional data tables
- Summary methodology
- About GlobalData