Market Research Logo

Smokeless Tobacco in France, 2017

Smokeless Tobacco in France, 2017

Summary

Smokeless Tobacco in France is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the French tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2025.

Smokeless tobacco sold in France come in two types: chewing tobacco or snuff, in which chewing tobacco is 92.9% of the smokeless tobacco market. The category, as of 2016, accounted for only 0.5% of the total tobacco market highlighting its niche position in comparison to cigarettes, cigars, and other smoking tobacco products. The vast majority of smokeless tobacco users are French citizens with North African ancestry, especially consumers with Algerian or Tunisian heritage, because of the popularity of smokeless tobacco in these countries. Smokeless tobacco will face an increasingly tough market landscape in the medium-to-long term because of its inability to appeal to younger consumers, strict anti-tobacco EU directives, high taxes, and large numbers of users limiting smokeless tobacco consumption or switching to more popular tobacco products, such as cigarettes.

Scope

  • Smokeless tobacco accounted for only 0.5% of the market, or 294 tons in 2016.
  • Per capita consumption is in long term decline from 5.41g in 2005 to only 4.40g in 2016.
  • Chewing tobacco accounted for 92.9% of the smokeless tobacco market with snuff making up the remaining 7.1% in 2015.
  • All smokeless tobacco is imported into France, with 93.6% sourced from Belgium in 2015.
Reasons to buy
  • Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
  • Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
  • The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
  • This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
  • Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.


Introduction
Market context
Market size and structure
Production and trade
Taxation and retail prices
Manufacturers and brands
Usership
Operating constraints
Prospects and forecasts
Appendix

Download our eBook: How to Succeed Using Market Research

Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.

Download eBook

Share this report