Smokeless Tobacco in the Czech Republic, 2019
Smokeless Tobacco in the Czech Republic, 2019, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Czech tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
The Czech market for smokeless tobacco is not large, although, as with some other Eastern European markets, the last few years have seen an increase in sales. This has largely come from the increased sales of chewing tobacco as opposed to snuff. Smokeless volumes still account for only 0.3% of total tobacco sales.
Reasons to buy
- Demand has grown for smokeless tobacco recently on the back of increased interest in chewing tobacco. Total volumes were up at 66.9 tons in 2017 but are forecast to fall to 64 tons in 2018.
- No ad valorem duty is applied to smokeless tobacco, although all tobacco products are subject to VAT.
- There is no local production of smokeless tobacco products in the Czech Republic. Imports are principally from Europe, although India has recently emerged as a significant supplier.
- Pöschl sells a number of its major brands in the Czech Republic and holds in excess of 95% of snuff sales.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Executive summary
- Market context
- Tobacco products market, %, 2008 & 2018
- Tobacco products market, tons, 2008-2018
- Market size and structure
- Consumption of smokeless tobacco, tons, 2008-2018
- Per capita consumption grams per year, 2008-2018
- Market segmentation, 2008-2018
- Production and trade
- Imports, tons, 2007-2017
- Imports by country of origin, top countries, %, 2017
- Imports by country of origin (Volume), 2007-2017
- Imports by country of origin (Value), 2007-2017
- Taxation and retail prices
- EU: Cigars & Cigarillos, Tax Incidence
- Comparison, 2018
- Snuff: Retail Prices, 2018
- Chewing Tobacco: Retail Price List, 2018
- Retail price list, Kč per pack, 2018
- Manufacturers and brands
- Manufacturer shares
- The Smoking Population
- Adult smoking prevalence, total and by gender, 2007-2017
- Adults smoking at least one cigarette a day by age group, 2002, 2006 & 2010
- Operating Constraints
- Heath warnings and labelling requirements
- Retail distribution
- Prospects and forecasts
- Consumption, tons, 2018-2028
- Per capita consumption, grams per person, 2018-2028