Smokeless Tobacco in Czech Republic, 2017
Smokeless Tobacco in Czech Republic, 2017, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Czech tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2025.
The Czech market for smokeless tobacco is not large, although, as with some other East European markets, the last few years have witnessed an increase in sales. This has largely come from increased sales of chewing tobacco as opposed to snuff. Research into smoking habits in Czechoslovakia and subsequently the Czech Republic reported wide differences in smoking prevalence, probably partly reflecting differences in methodology or sampling variants rather than rapid and erratic changes in smoking trends.
Reasons to buy
- Smokeless volumes only account for only 0.1% of total tobacco sales in Czech Republic.
- Demand has grown recently on the back of interest in chewing tobacco.
- The market is currently dominated by the sale of chewing tobacco.
- Overall sales are up by 407% between 2005 and 2015.
- There is no local production of smokeless tobacco products in the Czech Republic.
- Imports are principally from Europe although recently India has emerged as a significant supplier.
- As of 1st July 2015 other tobacco products within the Czech Republic have attracted a specific excise duty equivalent to €78.83 per Kg or CzK 2,142 per Kg.
- The forecast for the market is one of buoyant sales in the short-to-medium term followed by decline.
- Smokeless tobacco products are subject to general health warnings that have been required since April 1998.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Market context
- Market size and structure
- Production and trade
- Taxation and retail prices
- Manufacturers and brands
- The smoking population
- Operating constraints
- Prospects and forecasts