- Market highlights 4
- Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
- Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
- Regulatory context 8
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
- Total telecom service revenue 10
- Mobile services market 12
- Fixed services market 18
- Pay-TV services market 20
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots 23
- Competitive landscape 24
- Orange Senegal 25
- Tigo Senegal 26
- Expresso Telecom 27
- Additional resources 28
- Baseline forecast assumptions 29
- Data tables 30
- Glossary 32
- Research methodology 35
- About the authors 36
- Country Intelligence Report coverage 37
- About GlobalData 38
Senegal: Country Intelligence Report
Senegal: Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Senegal today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Senegal’s telecom and pay-TV services market will grow from $1.02bn in 2017 to $1.51bn by 2022 at a CAGR of 8.2% over 2017-2022 driven by the mobile data and fixed broadband segments. While mobile voice will remain the largest revenue-contributing segment over the forecast period, mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment with its revenue expanding at a CAGR of 22.5% over 2017-2022 supported by rising smartphone penetration and growing adoption of 3G and 4G services. Senegal’s pay-TV market will grow at a CAGR of 17.3% from $48m in 2017 to $107m in 2022 driven by growth in DTH and IPTV subscriptions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Senegal.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to buy
- Overall telecom service revenue in Senegal will grow at a CAGR of 8.2% during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue will account for 76.7% of total telecom revenue in 2022, driven by increasing adoption of 3G and 4G services.
- 3G will be the most adopted mobile technology across the 2017-2022 forecast period. Ongoing LTE network expansion will drive 4G subscriber growth over the forecast period.
- The three mobile operators, Orange Senegal (Sonatel), Tigo Senegal and Expresso Senegal, will continue to focus on network investments and coverage expansion as well as fiber deployments. Operators will leverage a variety of segmented prepaid and postpaid offerings with varied data allowances, enriched with VAS to boost customer net adds and drive ARPU growth.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Senegal’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Senegal’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Senegal’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Senegal.