Scottish Power Ltd - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2018 Update
The report contains a detailed description of the power generation company’s business operations, history, corporate strategy, and business structure. This report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on key employees (executives), and major products and services.
- Major Power Plants (assets) - summarized and detailed information about the power plants (assets).
- Operational Metrics (capacity, generation, revenue, sales, number of consumers).
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands
- Key employees - A list of the key executives and personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Financial deals - Coverage of key financial deals from 2006 onwards, depending upon information availability
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.Reasons to buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and major products and services are incorporated in the profile to assist in various business decisions (M&A and JV).
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing an up to date objective view of the company.
- Company Snapshot Key Information Company Overview SWOT Snapshot Operational Metrics Scottish Power Ltd, Operational Metrics, By Capacity Scottish Power Ltd, Operational Metrics, By Generation Scottish Power Ltd, Operational Metrics, By Customers Scottish Power Ltd, Operational Metrics, By Segmental Information Scottish Power Ltd, Wind Farms Scottish Power Ltd, Wind Farms, United Kingdom Scottish Power Ltd, Solar PV Parks Scottish Power Ltd, Solar PV Parks, United Kingdom Scottish Power Ltd, Hydro Power Plants Scottish Power Ltd, Hydro Power Plants, United Kingdom Scottish Power Ltd, Thermal Power Plants Scottish Power Ltd, Thermal Power Plants, United Kingdom Business Description Business Overview Energy Networks Overview Capital Expenditure Energy Wholesale and Retail Overview Capital Expenditure Renewables Overview Capital Expenditure Major Products and Services History SWOT Analysis Overview Scottish Power Ltd Strengths Focused R&D Commitments in Renewable Energy Synergy with Parent Company Scottish Power Ltd Weaknesses Losses: Energy Wholesale and Retail Scottish Power Ltd Opportunities Contracts for Difference Auctions Urban Regeneration Project Investments Scottish Power Ltd Threats Transmission and Distribution Network Safety Market Conditions: Wind Risks in Wholesale Market Key Employees Key Employee Biographies Locations And Subsidiaries Head Office Other Locations & Subsidiaries Financial Deals Landscape Scottish Power Ltd, Deals Summary Scottish Power Ltd, Power, Deal Details Asset Transactions ScottishPower Renewables to Invest in East Anglia THREE Offshore Wind Farm in UK ScottishPower Renewables to Invest USD466 Million in Kilgallioch Wind Farm in Scotland, UK Scottishpower Renewables Invests USD34.6 Million in Modernization of Coal Clough Wind Farm in Burnley, UK ScottishPower Renewables to Acquire Remaining 50% Stake in East Anglia I Offshore Wind Power Project in Suffolk in UK from Vattenfall Scottish Power Invests USD250 Million In Harestanes Windfarm, UK ScottishPower Renewables (UK) To Invest US$109 Million In Ewe Hill Wind Farm In Scotland, UK Scottish Power Invests US$39.4 Million In Expansion Of Carland Cross Wind Farm In UK ScottishPower Renewables To Invest US$624.7 Million In Wind Power Project In Scotland Dong Energy and ScottishPower Completes Project Financing of USD531.6 Billion for West of Duddon Sands Wind Project in Cumbria, UK Asset Transactions Tidal Power Scotland Completes Acquisition of Sound of Islay and Ness of Duncansby Tidal Power Plants in Scotland, UK from ScottishPower Renewables for USD10 Million Recent Developments Scottish Power Ltd - Recent Developments Oct 05, 2011: ScottishPower Receives Planning Consent For Cockenzie Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Power Station Jan 25, 2011: Scottish Power Receives Consent From DECC For Damhead Creek 2 Power Station Mar 23, 2018: IHCantabria is carrying out physical experiments of the scour protection for East Anglia ONE Iberdrola wind farm Mar 23, 2015: Scottish Power to close Longannet coal-fired power station by 2016 Mar 15, 2013: ScottishPower Shuts Down Cockenzie Power Station May 09, 2012: Iberdrola Opens New Office In London Feb 28, 2012: ScottishPower To Invest Over £5 Billion For Upgrading Electricity Network In Scotland Jun 15, 2011: ScottishPower To Work With Scottish Government To Help Improve Energy Efficiency Jun 07, 2011: Scottish Power Investigates Possibility To Develop Avon Power Station In Severnside, UK Jan 02, 2011: Scottish Power And Plus Dane Homes To Install 200 Mbps PLC Broadband Technology In Liverpool, UK Jun 21, 2010: Iberdrola Engineering And Construction UK Expands Scottish Operations Dec 07, 2008: Shell Consortium Withdraws From Cirrus Array Wind Farm Project In UK Sep 29, 2008: ScottishPower Announces Tidal Stream Projects In Scotland And Ireland Jul 01, 2008: ScottishPower Consortium Qualifies For Government's CCS Competition Jun 25, 2008: ScottishPower Gains Consent For GBP200 Million Windfarm Nov 27, 2008: ScottishPower Increases Wind Farm Capacity To 209 MW Jul 26, 2018: Scottish Power profits surge despite customer losses Jul 20, 2017: Iberdrola / ScottishPower H1 Results 2017 Feb 14, 2013: Iberdrola Reports Revenue Of €34.2 Billion In 2012 Aug 31, 2018: RenewableUK warns of threat to investment after record year for onshore wind Aug 24, 2018: Scottish Power to raise prices for second time this year Jul 03, 2018: Showcasing the East of England’s offshore wind opportunities May 10, 2018: ScottishPower Launches Smart Electric Vehicle Energy Tariff May 04, 2018: Scottish Power boss blasts onshore wind support embargo as “completely bonkers” Apr 17, 2018: £6.5 million Project to Modernise Power Supplies in Liverpool Apr 13, 2018: UK offshore wind industry announces Supply Chain Review led by former McLaren Group CEO Mar 21, 2018: Latest version of world’s best-selling electric car is launched at Scotland’s biggest battery Jan 22, 2018: Fears for future of UK onshore wind power despite record growth Dec 27, 2017: Scottish Power to shed up to 200 jobs Nov 10, 2017: £5 billion of Contracts Placed by ScottishPower in Record Investment Phase Sep 25, 2017: Iberdrola's ScottishPower Renewables crosses 2GW in UK wind capacity Jul 11, 2017: ScottishPower to invest £4m a day as First Minister officially opens new Headquarters Jun 13, 2017: Carbon Trust: Industry comes together to address Britain’s energy conundrum Feb 16, 2017: SP Energy unveils £10m project to upgrade electrical network in UK Nov 29, 2016: Dersalloch Windfarm Powers On In South Ayrshire Nov 07, 2016: Last blade installed at Andershaw Wind Farm Mar 24, 2016: Longannet Closure Marks the end of Coal-Fired Electricity Generation in Scotland Feb 29, 2016: ScottishPower Concludes Feasibility Study for Cruachan Expansion Feb 02, 2016: Scottish Power To Reduce Domestic Gas Prices By 5.4% Jan 21, 2016: Seabed Scanning for East Anglian windfarm reveals Uncharted WWI German Submarine Dec 08, 2015: Final Blowdown at Cockenzie Power Station: Scottish Power Oct 27, 2015: Date set for partial demolition of boiler house at Cockenzie Power Station Sep 28, 2015: Demolition Of Cockenzie Power Station Sep 14, 2015: SP Energy Networks completes 8 million project in St Helens Sep 01, 2015: SP Energy Networks’ Consultation on Proposed Dumfries and Galloway Strategic Reinforcement Project Comes to a Close Apr 14, 2015: ScottishPower Launches £5m Fund for Customers Facing Financial Hardship Apr 06, 2015: ScottishPower Energy Networks CEO Frank Mitchell appointed to chair European-wide Electricity Network Group Mar 06, 2015: SP Energy Networks £22m Legacy to Oswestry Power Upgrade: Overnight Working Planned across A483 Feb 13, 2015: RES Offshore signs operations and maintenance contract to maintain the newly installed west of duddon sands met mast Jan 06, 2015: ScottishPower Domestic Dual Fuel Bills To Reduce By £54 Dec 02, 2014: Cockenzie Coal Bunkers set for Controlled Explosive Demolition Oct 30, 2014: Scottish Power may reduce East Anglia wind farm capacity Sep 25, 2014: Further work planned as part of £7 million electricity upgrade for East Kilbride Jun 20, 2014: Scottish Power receives approval to build new power substation in Oswestry, UK Dec 04, 2013: ITW WindGroup Completes Substation Grouting at West of Duddon Sands OWF Aug 08, 2013: DONG Energy enters into cooperation with University of Oxford Jul 03, 2013: Scotland’s Tallest Free Standing Structure Set for Explosive End - Inverkip Chimney Demolition Confirmed Jun 25, 2013: National Grid to resume work on £6m Wirral project to secure energy supplies May 30, 2013: Scottish Power's £25m Upgrade Project Underway At Longannet Power Station Apr 17, 2013: Scottish Power Announces 4,000 New Jobs In Next Decade, Opens New Blantyre Office Complex In UK Dec 13, 2012: ScottishPower Submits Planning Application For New Glasgow City Center Headquarters In UK Oct 03, 2012: Norstec Network To Set Out Long-term Vision For Deployment Of Offshore Wind In Northern Seas Sep 11, 2012: Scottish Power Invests In Major Electricity Network Upgrade In Stirling Sep 10, 2012: Scottish Power Launches New Online Fixed Price Energy March 2014 Product Aug 20, 2012: Scottish Power To Modernize Electricity Network In Ayr, Scotland Jun 14, 2012: Fylde District Scouts Receives £10,000 From ScottishPower Green Energy Trust To Install Solar Panels On New Headquarters In UK Jun 13, 2012: Scottish Power To Shut Down Two 600 MW Units At Longannet Coal-fired Power Project In UK May 31, 2012: Scottish Power Announces £20m Upgrade Work For Longannet Power Plant May 24, 2012: University Of Strathclyde In Scotland Announces Smart Grid Initiative May 17, 2012: Tidal Power Project's Underwater Turbine Completes Initial Testing Period In Orkney: Scottish Power May 17, 2012: ScottishPower Launches Midata System For Customers Mar 15, 2012: Scottish Power To Close Cockenzie Power Station In March 2013 Jan 18, 2012: Scottish Power Introduces Plans To Boost Wholesale Electricity Market Liquidity And Help Smaller Suppliers Dec 07, 2011: Scottish Power Receives Planning Approval For Beauly-Denny Transmission Line Mitigation Proposals Nov 15, 2011: ScottishPower Plans Repairs To Electricity Network In Glasgow Southside Following Damage To High Voltage Power Cables Nov 07, 2011: ScottishPower Renewables's Pelamis Wave Machine Sets Sail For Testing In Orkney, UK Aug 17, 2011: ScottishPower To Invest £3 Billion On Electricity Networks In Scotland By 2020 Aug 02, 2011: National Grid Inks Contract With ScottishPower To Decrease Generation Capacity Of Longannet Coal-Fired Power Station Jul 20, 2011: ScottishPower Appoints Keith Anderson As Chief Corporate Officer Jun 15, 2011: ScottishPower To Extend Consultation Period For Its Proposals To Connect Windfarm Projects In Mid Wales, UK Jun 13, 2011: Iberdrola E&C Executes More Than 350 Network Projects In UK Jun 08, 2011: Scottish Power Demolishes Chimney Stack At Methil Power Station Jun 07, 2011: Scottish Power Increases Gas And Electricity Prices May 18, 2011: Scottish Power To Demolish Methil Power Station's Chimney In June 2011 May 10, 2011: UK Submits 12 Energy Projects Applications To EIB For EU Funding Apr 20, 2011: Scottish Power Carries Out Controlled Explosion Demolition Of Boiler House At Methil Power Station Apr 06, 2011: Scottish Power To Halve Power Generation Capacity At Cockenzie Coal-Fired Power Project Mar 04, 2011: ScottishPower Energy To Launch Consultation On Connecting Mid Wales Windfarms To National Electricity Network Feb 17, 2011: ScottishPower Starts £4.6m Project To Modernize Electricity Network In Lanark, Scotland Sep 13, 2010: Iberdrola To Invest EUR4.8 Billion In UK Over 2010-2012 Sep 02, 2010: Ofgem Launches Investigations Into Misselling And Sets Up Hotline For Consumers To Report Misleading Energy Sales Feb 23, 2010: Without State Aid, GBP37 Billion Smart Power Grid Will Not Take Place: UK MPs Say Oct 23, 2009: ScottishPower Appoints John Campbell As Board Of Director Sep 11, 2009: Scottish Power Completes Installation Of 340,000 Token Pre-Payment Meters Jun 08, 2009: Scottish Power Plans OF Gas-Fired Power Plant UNVEILED May 29, 2009: Construction of green coal-fired power plants behind schedule Sep 26, 2008: ScottishPower Opens Green Knowes Wind Farm Sep 16, 2008: ScottishPower Looks To North Sea Storage Potential For Carbon Emissions Aug 19, 2008: ScottishPower Invests GBP20 Million To Upgrade Equipment At Its Three Hydro-Electric Plants In Scotland Jul 21, 2008: ScottishPower Completes Work On Two Sub Stations To Boost Transmission Of Renewable Energy Across UK Jun 16, 2008: Scottish Power, University Of Strathclyde Form Research Partnership May 20, 2008: ScottishPower Completes Erection Of Their First Wind Turbines In Perthshire Apr 02, 2008: Scottish Power Upgrades The Kelso-Heiton Power Line Feb 21, 2008: Scottish Power Invests GBP1.4 Million To Upgrade Electricity Network In The Borders Feb 08, 2008: Scottish Power Commences Under-Sea Cabling Project In UK Dec 06, 2007: Scottish Power Appoints New Advisory Board Nov 11, 2007: ScottishPower Investigates Collapsed Wind Turbine At Beinn an Tuirc Wind Farm Jan 21, 2004: WEF Launches Global Greenhouse Gas Register Apr 30, 2018: Deutsche Windtechnik receives a new service contract in the United Kingdom Mar 12, 2018: Taylor Hopkinson Win on East Anglia One Offshore Windfarm Apr 01, 2017: Scottish Power Energy Networks award 3 year Contract to IST Power for supply of 33KV Earthing Auxiliary Transformers Sep 07, 2016: Iberdrola Awards Navantia €120 Million Contract for East Anglia ONE Offshore Wind Farm May 03, 2016: Deutsche Windtechnik takes over service for two more wind farms from ScottishPower Plc Sep 03, 2015: Contract Award - Ewe Hill 6 Wind Farm Aug 13, 2015: Structural Soils has the wind at its back Feb 23, 2015: PJD wins Tube Leak Contract with Scottish Power Aug 26, 2014: CWind wins £5.5mn 3-year O&M services contract Feb 07, 2014: Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Receives Order from ScottishPower for Long-term Service of GTCC Power Generation Plant Apr 01, 2013: Scottish Power award 3 year Framework to IST Power for supply of 33kV earthing auxiliary transformers Jul 02, 2012: NoreqActa Wins Contract To Supply 108 Pieces Of Wind Turbine Platform Cranes For West Of Duddon Sands Offshore Wind Farm Aug 04, 2011: Logica Wins £8m Deal With Scottish Utilities Companies May 03, 2011: Scottish Power Selects Infotechnics To Implement Opralog Throughout Its Power Generation Sites In UK Oct 07, 2010: AMEC Wins FEED Contract From National Grid For CCS Project In Scotland Jan 20, 2010: PAS To Provide PlantState Suite Software And Services To Scottish Power Plants Jan 13, 2009: Cruickshanks Receives GBP8 Million Contract From Scottish Power To Connect Clyde Wind Farm To Electricity Grid Oct 20, 2008: ScottishPower Signs Two-Year Deal With Debenhams To Supply 35 MW Of Electricity
- Appendix Report Scope GlobalData Coverage Benchmarking GlobalData’s Methodology Secondary Research Primary Research Contact Us Disclaimer
- List of Tables
- Scottish Power Ltd, Key Facts
- Scottish Power Ltd, Operational Metrics, Capacity
- Scottish Power Ltd, Operational Metrics, Generation
- Scottish Power Ltd, Operational Metrics, Customers
- Scottish Power Ltd, Operational Metrics, Segmental Information
- Scottish Power Ltd, Wind Farms, United Kingdom
- Scottish Power Ltd, Solar PV Parks, United Kingdom
- Scottish Power Ltd, Hydro Power Plants, United Kingdom
- Scottish Power Ltd, Thermal Power Plants, United Kingdom
- Major Products and Services
- Scottish Power Ltd, SWOT Analysis
- Scottish Power Ltd, Key Employees
- Scottish Power Ltd, Subsidiaries
- Scottish Power Ltd, Deals Summary
- ScottishPower Renewables to Invest in East Anglia THREE Offshore Wind Farm in UK
- ScottishPower Renewables to Invest USD466 Million in Kilgallioch Wind Farm in Scotland, UK
- Scottishpower Renewables Invests USD34.6 Million in Modernization of Coal Clough Wind Farm in Burnley, UK
- ScottishPower Renewables to Acquire Remaining 50% Stake in East Anglia I Offshore Wind Power Project in Suffolk in UK from Vattenfall
- Scottish Power Invests USD250 Million In Harestanes Windfarm, UK
- ScottishPower Renewables (UK) To Invest US$109 Million In Ewe Hill Wind Farm In Scotland, UK
- Scottish Power Invests US$39.4 Million In Expansion Of Carland Cross Wind Farm In UK
- ScottishPower Renewables To Invest US$624.7 Million In Wind Power Project In Scotland
- Dong Energy and ScottishPower Completes Project Financing of USD531.6 Billion for West of Duddon Sands Wind Project in Cumbria, UK
- Tidal Power Scotland Completes Acquisition of Sound of Islay and Ness of Duncansby Tidal Power Plants in Scotland, UK from ScottishPower Renewables for USD10 Million