Romania Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
The telecom service revenue growth in Romania over 2019-2024 will be driven by mobile data, fixed broadband and Pay-TV segments. Mobile data revenue will be driven by increasing 4G and 5G subscriptions over the forecast period and rising aggregate mobile ARPUs. Going forward, operators will focus on data-centric services and will gear-up for 5G services launches and expansions. Fixed broadband revenue will be primarily driven by government initiatives to connect households in rural areas.
Romania Telcom Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Romania today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Romania.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to buy
- Overall telecom service revenue in Romania will grow at a CAGR of 3.5% over 2019-2024.
- Mobile data service revenue will almost double to reach US$1.7 billion by 2024 at a relatively fast CAGR of 14.9%.
- Fixed broadband revenue will grow from an estimated US$400 million in 2019 to US$500 million by 2024 at a CAGR of 4.4%,led by government initiatives to extend broadband connectivity through its EUR90 million Next Generation Networks project and RoNET project.
- Pay-TV revenue will grow slightly from US$500 million in 2019 to US$600 million by 2024, supported by rising cable and IPTV services subscriptions and growing ARPU.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the Romania’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Romania’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, with excellent presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the Romania’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the Romania.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Telekom Romania
- Orange Romania
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots (cont’d)
- Vodafone Romania
- RCS & RDS
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData