Retailing in New Zealand, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021
Retailing in New Zealand, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to New Zealand retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing New Zealand retail industry.
Retail sales in New Zealand reached NZ$60.8 billion in 2016 and are expected to register a CAGR of 4.1% during 2016-2021 to reach NZ$74.3 billion by 2021. Steady GDP growth, an improvement in the labor market, rise in disposable income, and booming tourism are among the various factors driving growth in retail sales.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Reasons to buy
- Retail sales in New Zealand reached NZ$60.8 billion in 2016 and are expected to register a CAGR of 4.1% during 2016-2021.
- Food and grocery continues to be the largest sector in terms of value, with sales totalling NZ$28bn in 2016.
- Clothing & footwear sales in the country are expected to register a CAGR of 4.4% during 2016-2021, to reach NZ$7.6bn by 2021 from NZ$6.1bm in 2016.
- The food & grocery sector held a major share of 46.1% of total retail sales in 2016 and also account for 56% of total exports from the country.
- Domestic players dominate the clothing & footwear sector.
- Health & Beauty sector sales registered healthy growth during 2011-2016 and reached NZ$3.3 billion in 2016
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in New Zealand retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in New Zealand retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Key Findings
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail
- Clothing & Footwear
- Food & Grocery
- Health & Beauty