Retailing in Singapore, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2022
Retailing in Singapore, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2022, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Singapore retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Singapore retail industry.
Retail sales in Singapore registered a steady growth during 2012-2017 to register a sales of SGD40.6 billion in 2017, an increase of 2.8% over 2016.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2017 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels.
Reasons to buy
- Retail sales in Singapore registered a steady growth during 2012-2017 to register a sales of SGD40.6 billion in 2017, an increase of 2.8% over 2016.
- The clothing & footwear sector in Singapore is fragmented with the top 10 retailers commanding less than a third of the sales in 2017.
- Food & grocery sector sales in Singapore reached SGD14.2 billion in 2017, an increase of 2.9% over 2016
- Online is the fastest growing channel in electricals sector and sales are projected to register a CAGR of 9.3% during 2017-2022 with sales forecast to reach SGD1.03 billion by 2022
- The health beauty sector is the smallest sector in terms of retail sales with sales reaching SGD3.2 billion in 2017
- The home sector in Singapore is fragmented with the top 10 retailers commanding only a 17.1% share of the overall sector sales in 2017.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Singapore retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behaviour trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behaviour
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2012, with forecasts until 2022
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Singapore retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Key findings
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail
- Clothing & footwear
- Food & grocery
- Health & beauty