Retailing in the Philippines, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021
Retailing in the Philippines, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Philippines retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Philippines retail industry.
The retail industry in the Philippines was valued at ₱6,361.8 billion in 2016 and is estimated to reach ₱9,436.6 billion at a CAGR of 8.2% during 2016-2021. The industry is largely dominated by the food & grocery sector, which accounted for a share of 65% in 2016, followed by home (9.7%) and health & beauty (6.6%).
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Reasons to buy
- The Philippines is among the fastest-growing economy within Southeast Asian countries.
- The clothing & footwear sector was valued at ₱318.1 billion in 2016, having grown with a CAGR of 10.4% during 2011-2016
- Online retail is estimated to witness the fastest growth rate at a CAGR of 14.9% during 2016-2021
- The electrical sector in the Philippines grew at a CAGR of 11.7% during 2011-2016 and was valued at ₱340 billion in 2016.
- The retail industry in the Philippines was valued at ₱6,361.8 billion in 2016 and is forecast to reach ₱9,436.6 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 8.2% during 2016-2021.
- E-commerce has registered robust growth in the country; sales grew at a CAGR of 22.8% during 2011-2016 to reach ₱12.8 billion in 2016
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Philippines retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Philippines retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Key findings
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail
- Clothing & Footwear
- Food & Grocery
- Health & Beauty