Retailing in Netherlands, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021
Retailing in Netherlands, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to the Netherlands retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Netherlands retail industry.
As the Dutch economy recovers from the impact of European debt crisis, retail sales are expected to grow steadily, at a CAGR of 2.1%, during 2016-2021. In 2016, total Dutch retail sales were estimated at €115.6 billion and are forecast to grow to €128.3 billion by 2021.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Reasons to buy
- Online retail is the fastest-growing channel in all sectors.
- Netherlands retail sales were estimated at €115.6 billion and are forecast to grow to €128.3 billion by 2021.
- Food & grocery will remain the largest sector, while electricals sales will grow the fastest due to the growing popularity of internet and smartphones.
- Clothing & footwear is the second largest sector, accounting for 13% of total retail industry sales in 2016.
- Food & grocery retail sales accounted for the highest share at 46.4% of the total Dutch retail industry in 2016.
- Food & Grocery is dominated by Albert Heijn and Jumbo, which accounted for shares of 21% and 12.6%, respectively, in 2016.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Netherlands retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the Netherlands retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Key findings
- The state of the nation
- The state of retail
- Clothing & footwear
- Food & grocery
- Health & beauty