Retailing in Italy, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021
Retailing in Italy, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Italian retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Italy retail industry.
Retail spending shrank between 2011 and 2013 as consumers cut back on discretionary spending as the weak economy hit jobs and consumer confidence. It returned to growth in 2014 as confidence improved and is forecast to keep on growing , albeit slowly, over the forecast period 2016-2021. However CAGR between 2016 and 2021 will only be 1.3%. This will produce an uplift of EUR25 billion to reach EUR397 billion by 2021, but everyone will be fighting for a share of this so the retail sector will remain challenging.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Reasons to buy
- Italy is the third largest economy in the Eurozone.
- The Clothing & Footwear sector will grow at a CAGR of 1.8% between 2016 and 2021 to reach EUR65.9 billion by 2021.
- Food & Grocery is the largest sector, accounting for 52.3% of the total Italian retail industry in 2016.
- Home sector is set to grow at 1.0% CAGR between 2016 and 2021, reaching EUR39.2 billion.
- The fastest growing sector will be health & beauty with CAGR of 1.9%.
- Online is set to more than double its share of the market.
- The electrical sector is one of the slowest growth sectors over the five year period.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Italy retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Itlay retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Key Findings
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail
- Clothing & Footwear
- Food & Grocery
- Health & Beauty