Retailing in India, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021
Retailing in India, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Indian retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing India retail industry.
India is the sixth largest economy in the world with a population of around 1.3 billion and offers huge potential for retail market growth. The retail market is expected to double its size by 2021 to touch ₹85 trillion.Buoyed by the growth of the economy, retail sales grew at a CAGR of 11.8% during 2011-2016 to reach ₹45,613.8 billion in 2016. Against the backdrop of the favorable market conditions, retail sales will grow at a CAGR of 12.8% during 2016-2021 to reach ₹83,272.4 billion by 2021.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Reasons to buy
- The Indian electrical sector is the fastest growing and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17.6% during 2016-2021.
- India has emerged as the fastest growing economy in the world, having registered a remarkable growth rate of 7.6% in 2016.
- Online channel growth is outperforming all other channels and its share of total retail spending will grow from 1.2% in 2016 to 4.1% by 2021.
- Food & Grocery sector is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 12.0%,to reach an estimated value of ₹50,226 billion by 2021.
- The luggage and leather goods market is the fastest growing market and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 15.6% over the forecasted period.
- Online retail is the key driver of growth in the market
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Indian retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Indian retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Key Findings
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail
- Clothing & footwear
- Food & grocery
- Health & beauty