Retailing in Finland, Market Shares, Summary, and Forecasts to 2022
Finland’s real GDP is expected to grow from €221.9 billion in 2017 to €241.2 billion by 2022, registering a CAGR of 1.7% during 2017-2022. The country is projected to register growth on the back of growing investments, improving trade, and rising private consumption. Rising wages and household income will boost spending on discretionary items, thereby increasing retail sales. The main challenge the country faces is the aging population as they tend to contribute less to economic growth and spend less on retail and concerns regarding a global growth slowdown.
Retail sales in Finland improved in line with economic recovery and strengthening consumer confidence. Total retail sales in the country registered €44.2 billion in 2017 and are forecast to grow at a CAGR of 1.9% during the forecast period to reach €48.7 billion by the end of 2022. The food & grocery sector accounted for the highest share of 47.6% in 2017. However, the electricals sector is projected to register the fastest growth, at 2.9% CAGR during 2017-2022. Online sales are estimated to register healthy growth on the back of strengthened logistics, and the changing behavior and purchasing patterns of shoppers.
The report Retailing in Finland, Market Shares, Summary, and Forecasts to 2022, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Finland retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Finland retail industry. Additionally, the report provides -
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories)
- Details of major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2017 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Prisma, H&M, Stockmann, Sokos, Intersport, Kesko Corporation, Halpa-Halli, Tokmanni, Moda, Stadium, S-market, Lidl, Alko, Sale, Siwa and Valintatalo, Alepa, R-kioski , ABC! Market, Gigantti, Tokmanni, Power, Euronics, Veikon Kone, Verkkokauppa, Amazon, Clas Ohlson, Lidl, Yhteisty öapteekit, Avaina pteekit , Silmäasema, Tokmanni, Hyvän Mielen, Instrument arium, Yliopiston Apteekki, Hankkija, IKEA, Tokmanni, Rautia, Karkkainen, Prisma, JYSK Nordic, Asko, SotkaScope
Reasons to buy
- Improved economic scenario and rising employment to help retail sales
- Rising wages and increasing household consumption will drive retail sales
- Improved purchasing power is driving growth across all sectors
- While food & grocery is the largest sector, electricals is growing the fastest
- Electricals, health & beauty and food & grocery lead growth
- Hypermarkets is the largest channel while online retail is producing the fastest growth
- Changing consumer behavior will strengthen sales for hypermarkets
- Increasing consumer adoption and convenience drive online sales.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Finland retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behaviour trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behaviour
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2012, with forecasts until 2022
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Finland retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.