Qatar: Country Intelligence Report
Qatar: Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Qatar today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Qatar's telecom and pay-TV services market will grow from an estimated $2.4bn in 2017 to $2.8bn by 2022 at a CAGR of 2.7% over 2017-2022 driven by projected growth in mobile data and fixed broadband revenues. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017. Mobile data revenue will expand at fastest CAGR of 10.7% over 2017-2022 and becopme largest revenue generating segment from 2019 onwards owing to improvements and expansions in mobile data networks by operators. Going forward, Qatar’s pay-TV market is expected to grow at CAGR of 2.7% driven by growth in IPTV subscriptions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Qatar.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to buy
- The overall telecoms and pay-TV service revenue in Qatar will grow at a 2.7% CAGR during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue will account for 40.6% of the total telecoma and pay-TV service revenue in 2022, driven by increasing adoption and usage of 4G services supported by operators' data-heavy and highly-segmented mobile bundles.
- Ooredoo Qatar leads the country's mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by Vodafone Qatar. Both operators compete on the basis of network expansions/upgrades, and competitively priced plans to strengthen their market position.
- Vodafone is trying to strengthen its fixed broadband market share by leveraging QNBN’s fiber network to extend its FTTH coverage.
- DTH will remain the leading pay-TV platform in Qatar with its share in total subscriptions reaching 54.3% in 2017.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Qatar’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Qatar’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Qatar’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Qatar.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service reve