Physician Perspectives 2017: Biosimilar use in IBD
This Physician Perspectives survey focuses on the use of biosimilar anti-TNFs in IBD.
In the next 12 months, nearly half of physicians stated that they would consider switching Remicade patients (in remission) over to biosimilar IFX. A large proportion of physicians reported that their patients have at least occasionally expressed concern (rated >3) over being switched onto a biosimilar anti-TNF from an originator anti-TNF (67%) or being prescribed a biosimilar anti-TNF (54%). Overall, the majority of physicians agreed that they would require a biosimilar to be designated as interchangeable before considering switching patients from an originator to a biosimilar (67%).
The report includes following topics -
- Familiarity with biosimilar IFX
- Expected use of biosimilars - IFX & ADA
- Concerns with biosimilars
- Switching & Interchangeability.
Reasons to buy
- Sociable Pharma conducted an online survey in Q4 2017, with 100 specialist gastroenterologists
- Physicians interviewed were from 5EU and US countries › This report contains the findings from the survey, together with analysis, as well as an overview of the methodology used, and responder demographics.
- Qualitative insight from 100 high-prescribing specialists in IBD
- Includes insight & recommendations from our disease-specific healthcare analysts
- Utilizes independent expert viewpoints to validate the impact of emerging trends on management of IBD
- Provides cost-effective support for your advisory boards, with topics acting as a catalyst for further expert discussion.
- Executive Summary
- Survey Results