PharmaPoint: Dyslipidemia - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025
Sales of dyslipidemia therapeutics is estimated to be approximately $11.2B across the 7MM in 2015, encompassing the US, 5EU, and Japan. The dyslipidemia market will grow at a strong CAGR of 10.1% over the forecast period, reaching sales of $29.2B by 2025. The US is the largest market for dyslipidemia therapies, contributing approximately 61.5% of total sales in the base year. GlobalData expects uptake of the revolutionary class of PCSK9 targeting biologics to be the strongest driver of growth in the dyslipidemia market in the 7MM, reaching peak sales of $9.5B in 2025.
Major drivers of Dyslipidemia market growth over the forecast period are -
- The launches of three PCSK9 inhibitors-Amgen’s Repatha, Sanofi and Regeneron’s Praluent, and Eli Lilly’s LY3015014-which will significantly boost market growth.
- The launch of several add-on therapies, including Esperion Therapeutic’s ETC-1002 and Merck and Amgen’s cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP) inhibitors
- Increase in global prevalence of dyslipidemia, coupled with growing awareness of the disease.
Although the dyslipidemia market has numerous well-established therapies and the pipeline is promising, there is a considerable level of unmet need. Patient compliance, cost-effective therapies, and drugs targeting rare diseases represent major unmet needs in the dyslipidemia space. Patient compliance remains the biggest issue, and a major contributing factor to this is the asymptomatic nature of this disease, as well as the burden of taking several pills daily to treat this disease.
In addition to this, many patients discontinue therapy, which puts them at considerable risk of experiencing a CV event. The PCSK9 monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), Repatha and Praluent, are expected to address the compliance issue due to their less frequent dosing schedules; however, KOLs indicated that patient education and enhanced disease awareness are important issues that also need to be addressed. While patient education is not a common area of focus for pharmaceutical companies, it’s clear that if diagnosis rates and patient compliance were increased, then this would translate to a boost in drug use and sales.
Companies reviewed in this report: Abbvie, Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc., Akcea Therapeutics Inc., Amarin, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Cerenis Therapeutics Inc., Daiichi Sankyo, Eli Lilly, Esperion Therapeutics Inc., Genzyme, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Merck & Co., Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc., Sanofi, The Medicine Company.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Overview of dyslipidemia, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized dyslipidemia therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2015 and forecast for ten years to 2025.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the dyslipidemia therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global dyslipidemia therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the dyslipidemia therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the dyslipidemia therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the 7MM dyslipidemia therapeutics market from 2015-2025.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.