Pet Products Packaging Opportunities - New Packaging Formats and Value-added Features
Pet Products - Category Packaging Opportunities explores new packaging formats and value-added features in the pet products category, using examples from GlobalData's Pack-Track innovation tool.
Pet owners are very attached to their animals and will do almost everything to keep them happy. Blurring the boundaries between human and pet products is even more noticeable these days, following a trend of increased pet ownership since the coronavirus pandemic started. Packaging mimicking human meals or introducing a more sophisticated design to pet products has been noted in the sector, as more people are willing to lavish care on their pets. Functionality and efficiency of product packaging has always been important but, in addition to this, the growing ecological awareness is prompting companies to invest in sustainable materials that are easier to recycle or contain less plastics, following the eco-agenda of consumers. Enhancing pleasant usage experience is in demand as well, allowing manufacturers to be different from competitors. In addition to pleasing their pets with something extraordinary, consumers like products that are hassle-free to use and easy to dispense.
Key questions answered -
- What drives packaging innovations in pet products?
- What notable new formats and value-added features have been introduced in this category in recent years?
- Which consumer trends have these packaging innovations capitalized on?
- How can pet products manufacturers use packaging to stay ahead of the game in a crowded marketplace?
Reasons to Buy
- Packaging of pet products has undergone a metamorphosis, following the increased need to care for the environment, the elimination of plastic or the introduction of more sustainable materials. In addition to that, all kinds of upscale packaging decorations, non-standard textures, sophisticated shapes and other features have been visible in this sector for years and work very well.
- It is the packaging that helps to create product value for pet owners who are very keen to reward their animals with premium-looking products they would buy for themselves.
- Equally important in the sector is functionality due to the growing number of people who travel with their pets. Another important trend that has been noted is the humanization of pet products, with introductions of many jolly or festive packs for delivering enjoyment beyond the product.
- Use GlobalData's Category Packaging Opportunities reports to inspire innovation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends that drive and support innovation so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Appreciate the importance of packaging in the overall consumer experience of a product and how this can help to drive brand loyalty.
- About GlobalData's Research
- Category Packaging Opportunities: Pet Products
- Category Packaging Opportunities: Spotlight
- Category Packaging Opportunities: Examples We Like
- Category Packaging Opportunities: TrendSights
- Category Packaging Opportunities: Action Points