Payments Landscape in Cambodia: Opportunities and Risks to 2021
GlobalData’s Payments Landscape in Cambodia: Opportunities and Risks to 2021, report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Cambodian cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cheques and payment cards during the review-period (2013-17e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017-21f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalData’s research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Cambodian cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Cambodian cards and payments industry, including debit and credit cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cheques and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Cambodian cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit and credit cards.
Reasons to buy
- In October 2017, the NBC in partnership with ACLEDA Bank, Sathapana Bank, and microfinance company Prasac Soft launched the Cambodian Shared Switch (CSS), a shared system that enables consumers to perform interbank transactions using payment cards on member institutions’ ATMs and POSs . The CSS enables consumers to make a range of transactions such as payment of goods and services, cash withdrawals, interbank fund transfers, balance enquiries, and mini statements. The development of CSS is aimed at modernizing the country’s payment system, enhancing the efficiency of payment services, and offering additional transaction channels for consumers. In addition, with growing ATM and POS networks, consumers in rural areas will have greater access to banking services, which is in line with the government’s financial inclusion policy.
- To enhance the existing payment infrastructure, the NBC launched its Fast and Secure Transfer (FAST) Payment system in July 2016. FAST Payment offers a quick, secure, and efficient method of conducting interbank transactions in local currency for commercial banks and micro deposit-taking institutions (MDIs). The service is supported by seven banks (ACLEDA Bank, Cambodian Public Bank, Canadia Bank, ABA, Bank for Investment and Development of Cambodia (BIDC), Phillip Bank, and Sathapana Bank) and six MDIs (AMK Microfinance, VisionFund, Prasac, Amret, Kredit, and Hatha Kaksekar).
- Alternative payments that offer security and convenience are gradually gaining prominence in Cambodia, with banks and payment solution providers launching new services. Pi Pay is a mobile app launched in Cambodia in 2017. The mobile app is owned by Cambodia-based Anco Group. Users can make in-store payments and P2P transfers, and pay utility bills. Users can top up their Pi Pay wallet at Pi Pay hubs or PayGo kiosks. To make in-store payments, users need to scan the merchant’s QR code. Similarly in June 2017 Visa announced the launch of its mobile payment solution mVisa QR, enabling card holders to make payments by scanning the merchant’s QR code. Earlier in July 2016, Maybank launched a mobile banking app for its customers in Cambodia, allowing them to conduct banking transactions, transfer funds, and make online purchases.
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Cambodian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Cambodian cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Cambodian cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Cambodia.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Cambodian cards and payments industry.
- Market Overview
- Executive Summary
- Card-based Payments
- Alternative Payments
- Payments Infrastructure & Regulation