Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunities in Asia-Pacific
Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunities in Asia-Pacific, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the Pay-TV services market in Asia Pacific (APAC). It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the pay-TV market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
Pay-TV penetration in Asia Pacific (APAC) is set to increase through 2022 buoyed by ongoing economic improvement in South and South East Asia as well as by expansion of FTTH/B broadband networks across APAC, increasing the availability of IPTV.
Despite its initial status as a complement to traditional pay-TV service, cord-cutting and cord-shaving trends are pushing pay-TV operators across the region to embrace the OTT world, wether by launching their own OTT platforms or by setting up partnerships with SVoD service providers.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Pay-TV market in APAC: This section provides an overview of the performance of keey pay-TV markets in APAC including subscription trends by technology as well as analysis of major regulatory trends impacting APAC pay-TV.
- Competitive Market Trends in APAC: This section looks at three major compeitive trends that are impacting pay-TV players in the region including technology invesment and the impact of OTT.
- Pa-TV revenue evolution in APAC: This section provides a forecast of APAC pay-TV revenue and provides analysis on the dynamics of various pay-TV technology revenues.
- Key findings: it consists of a summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the APAC pay-TV services market.
Reasons to buy
- Most regulators around the region are looking into how to best regulate OTT video services. Further another concern is around ownership and licensing rules for pay-TV and free to air platforms.
- Regulator and government broadband initiatives paired with operators investments in fiber optic broadband will drive IPTV adoption in the coming years.
- To combat declining margins and increase value to customers, telcos and pay-TV providers are investing in the production of their own content.
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of pay-TV servcies in the APAC markets.
- The report investigates pay-TV trends, regualtory context and competitive conditions, looking in particular at the impact of operator investment and OTT threat in the APAC region.
- To study APAC’s most competitive pay-TV markets, in order to inform strategical decision-making.
- Executive Summary
- Section 1: Asia-Pacific in a Global Context
- Asia-Pacific’s demographics at a glance
- Asia-Pacific in a global context
- Section 2: Pay-TV Market in Asia-Pacific
- Pay-TV market economic context
- Pay-TV market performance forecast
- Pay-TV market in Asia-Pacific
- Pay-TV market technology breakdown
- Regulatory context in Asia-Pacific
- Section 3: Competitive Market Trends in Asia-Pacific
- Competitive market trends in Asia-Pacific
- Investment trends in Asia-Pacific
- OTT threat in Asia-Pacific
- Content production in Asia-Pacific
- Section 4: Pay-TV revenue evolution in Asia-Pacific
- Pay-TV service ARPS evolution in Asia-Pacific
- Pay-TV service revenue evolution in Asia-Pacific
- Section 5: Findings and Recommendations
- Key Findings
- Acronyms and Definitions
- Companies Mentioned
- About the Authors
- Related Research
- Contact Information