Panama: Country Intelligence Report
Panama’s telecom and pay-TV services market will grow from $1.4billion in 2018 to $1.6billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 2.8% over 2018-2023 driven by projected growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment over 2018-2023, led by rising smartphone penetration, 4G subscriptions, and increasing adoption of higher valued bundled plans with larger data volume.
The fixed broadband segment will witness increased fiber network expansion investments while the cable segment will grow steadly over the forecast period. Panama’s pay-TV revenue will grow at a CAGR of 4.8% led by steady rise in cable TV, DTH and IPTV subscriptions.
Panama: Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Panama today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV service market revenue in Panama will grow at a CAGR of 2.8% during 2018-2023.
- Mobile service revenue will account for 62.7% of total telecom revenue in 2023, driven by rising adoption of 4G services.
- 3G will be the most adopted wireless technology until 2022. 4G will however overtake 3G as the leading technology from 2023 led by ongoing 4G LTE network expansions by operators.
- Movistar Panama leads the mobile services market in terms of mobile subscriptions as of 2018, driven by its ongoing expansion of 4G/LTE services, and range of prepaid bundles.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
Reasons to buy
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Panama.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Panama’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Panama’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Panama’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Panama.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Cable & Wireless Panama (CWP)
- Claro Panama
- Cable Onda Panama
- Movistar Panama
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData