PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - The United States
Services is expected to have contributed (81.4%) to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by manufacturing, mining and construction (13.6%). In nominal terms, the overall GVA is expected to grow at a robust pace of 3.7% and 3.5% in 2019 and 2020, respectively.
The US stock market performed poorly during January 18, 2018 to January 17, 2019. The S&P 500 lost 6.5% of its valuation during the period. New York, Texas, California and Illinois accounted for 35.3% of GDP and 30.8% of the total US population in 2017. The United States ranked 14th as per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI) in 2018, compared to tenth ranking in 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Trump’s new US$1.5 tn investment plan announced in February 2018, is spread across various infrastructure projects ranging from ports, rails, air connectivity and roads. The fund is expected to boost government spending and help ailing infrastructure of the country.
- Manufacturing, followed by finance attracted the most FDI in 2017.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
List of FiguresExhibit 1: The US’ Performance In Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to North America and the WorldExhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the IndexExhibit 4: S&P 500 indexExhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the EconomyExhibit 6: FDI Stock in the US, FDI Share by country (2017), and FDI Share by Sector (2017)Exhibit 7: Key Infrastructure IndicatorsExhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth RateExhibit 9: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)Exhibit 10: Export, Import and Trade BalanceExhibit 11: Current Account BalanceExhibit 12: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017Exhibit 13: Machinery, Mechanical Appliances, Nuclear Reactors, Boilers as % of World Export, 2017Exhibit 14: Interest RatesExhibit 15: Exchange RateExhibit 16: Public FinanceExhibit 17: General Government DebtExhibit 18: Employment/UnemploymentExhibit 19: Average Annual WagesExhibit 20: Labor Cost IndexExhibit 21: Rural/Urban Share in Total PopulationExhibit 22: Age-group Share of Total PopulationExhibit 23: Gender SplitExhibit 24: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017Exhibit 25: Number of Patents Granted Per M Population, 2018Exhibit 26: High-tech Exports (% of total manufactured exports), 2017Exhibit 27: Doing Business in the US 2019Exhibit 28: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017Exhibit 29: CO2 Emissions
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape