PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - The United States
Services contributed (79.2%) to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by manufacturing, mining and construction (19.7%). In nominal terms, the overall GVA is expected to grow at a robust pace of 4.8% and 4.4% in 2018 and 2019 respectively.
New York (55), Texas (54), California (53) and Illinois (34) have most of Fortune 500 companies when compared with other states.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing, followed by finance and insurance, attracted the most FDI in 2016. FDI inflow jumped 12.3 % in 2016 on account of favorable government policies
- The United States ranks tenth as per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI) in 2016. Trump’s new US$1.0 tn investment plan is expected to boost the country’s infrastructure
- Trump’s new US$1.0 tn investment plan is spread across various infrastructure projects ranging from ports, rails, air connectivity and roads. The fund is expected to boost government spending and help ailing infrastructure of the country.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: United State’s performance in country risk analysis in comparison to Developed Americas and the World
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: S&P 500 index
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows, Greenfield Investments and FDI by Sector’s Share (2016)
- Exhibit 7: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
- Exhibit 10: Export, Import and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 11: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 12: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2012-2016
- Exhibit 13: Total Value of Pharmaceutical Products Export as % of World Export, 2016
- Exhibit 14: Interest Rates
- Exhibit 15: Exchange Rate
- Exhibit 16: Public Finance
- Exhibit 17: General Government Debt
- Exhibit 18: Employment/Unemployment
- Exhibit 19: Median wages, 2014-17
- Exhibit 20: Labor Cost Index
- Exhibit 21: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 22: Age-group Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 23: Gender Split
- Exhibit 24: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
- Exhibit 25: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
- Exhibit 26: Business R&D Expenditure (% of total expenditure), 2015
- Exhibit 27: Doing Business in the US 2018
- Exhibit 28: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2016
- Exhibit 29: CO2 Emissions