PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Singapore
Singapore’s Central region acts as hub for most of the financial and professional services firms. West region is dominated by port and water transport industry due to proximity to the port, while East region is dominated by airlines industry due to proximity to Changi Airport.
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 32.0% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (20.5%) and wholesale, retail and hotels (19.7%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 3.3%, 2.9% and 4.7%, respectively, in 2018.
Reasons to buy
- The Ministry of Transport is expected to spend SGD13.7 bn (US$10.3 bn) in FY2018, an increase of 52.6% from the previous year.
- As per the Logistics Performance Index, Singapore’s rank declined to seventh position in 2018 from fifth position in 2016.
- Majority of inward FDI was towards financial and insurance services sector in 2016.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- List of Exhibits
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Singapore’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia Pacific and the World Average
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: Singapore Stock Market-strait Times Index (STI)
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: : FDI inflows (2010-16) and share of FDI inflow by industry (2016) and FDI by industry (2012-2016)
- Exhibit 7: Foreign investment by region (2013-2016) and share of foreign investment by investing countries (2016)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2016
- Exhibit 14: Electrical machinery and equipment, % share in world exports, 2017
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
- Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 24: Age-dependency ratio
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
- Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports)
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Singapore 2018
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions